Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Safety Harness Suggestions. >

Safety Harness Suggestions.

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Safety Harness Suggestions.

Old 01-15-2005, 11:26 AM
Fork Horn

Default Safety Harness Suggestions.

What do you all think is the best full body harness system going now? I like the seat of the pants and the hunters safety vest looks good too. I saw on the summit website that you can get a vest to put their harness in to help with ease of use. Give me some feedback, and aim for the boiler room. Bhunter32.
Old 01-15-2005, 11:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Safety Harness Suggestions.

I have the Seat Of the Pants harness it only takes a minute or so to put on and I feel very secure leaning over the edge of my stand.

Any harness is better than no harness
Old 01-16-2005, 07:46 AM
Typical Buck

I have the Seat of the Pants harness and its great. What I like about it is I can put it on under my coat and add and take off clothing without being in the stand unhooked. You wont even notice that your strapped in with this harness.

Don
Old 01-16-2005, 08:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

SOP for me also. Hard to believe but my wife is the one who bought it for me. Guess she loves me after all. I been wondering for a lot of years. Anyway, although a little pain at times I still think it better than a coffin or wheelchair.
Old 01-16-2005, 08:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

I use the Safety Harness System works very good as well. It is the reversible vest with the deer drag. About as simple and easy as it gets!
Old 01-17-2005, 12:47 AM

I just bought one of the vest SOP models, I think they call it something like the supreme. I got it on ebay for cheap. Anyways, havent tried it out yet, but it has a pouch in the rear of the vest to store your prussic knot rope and maybe the leg straps while you are walking. Ive been using the free one summit sends with their stands and it's been fine except the leg straps on mine always loosen up and become aggravating on the way to my stand, kind of like a shoe you can never keep tied. Also, its a shiny brown color and im almost sure it was the reason i got busted once last year(the sun was shining on me). I think the new ones are all camo colored or at least darker. Hope this helps.

"Aim small, miss small."
Old 01-17-2005, 03:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use the SOP 'fast back" harness. it is simple to use, comfortable and very strong. it's my favorite system. Vests seem a bit bulky and cumbersome to me.
Old 01-17-2005, 05:44 AM
Fork Horn

SOP here also. Very easy to put on. I agree with 5 Shot that the vest style seems a little bulky. I use my SOP over the top of my camo during warm weather hunts and put it on under my heavy coat during cold weather. What ever you buy is better than sitting in a tree with out one. My brother is a First Responder in Oconto County Wi. and can tell you some horror stories about hunters who did not see the need for a saftey harness. Let me just say it's not a pretty picture.
Old 01-17-2005, 08:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hey 5-shot thats what I like about the vest. It pulls my heavier camo tight to my body so there is no interference with my string. I also agree with KONK that you need to wear one! Good luck!!!!!