Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

General Accessories

Old 01-09-2005, 08:25 PM

Default General Accessories

Just received a Parker Extreme Ultra-Lite 31 Bow for a birthday gift. I'm fairly new to bows, but I love it and have hunted for a long time.

I am trying to learn what accessories are the best. Any suggestions: sights, rests, stabilizers, etc?

Anything else I should stock up on before next season that I'm forgetting?
Old 01-10-2005, 04:26 PM

Default RE: General Accessories

Sounds like a good birthday present to me! As far as sights, I have limited experience but I do like my Copper John Dead Nuts, and I've heard of many others who like them as well. As for a rests, here is some info on the wisker biscuit you might find helpful

Wisker biscuit review

I'm getting one in a week or two, so I haven't actually tested one out. Some people love em' and some hate em'.

One thing I would reccomend that I didn't see in your list would be some Sims limbsavers. They really help out a lot.
Old 01-16-2005, 05:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

i got a whisker biscuit and i love it. i had some true glow sites that worked pretty good. And some of them do n 't cost a whole lot. the sims products really work alot.

Trap
Old 01-16-2005, 07:10 PM

I recommend all the products in my Sig
Old 01-16-2005, 08:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

The "BEST" depends on who is answering your question and what experience, or lack of it, they have with many products. And a lot depends on how wide open your wallet can get. And there is a lot of difference in what is best and whether you can shoot well enough to tell the difference.

Arrows is a good example. Do you want the best or do you want something adequate? The best might be Easton X-10's. Are you ready to lay out $350 for a dozen arrows? Or do you want to spend about $60 for something that will do just as well for your chosen application?

How about sights? What do you want to use it for? How much micro-adjust do you need. Sights cost $20 to $500. Which is the "BEST"? The answer is obvious. Look around and see what fits your needs. I have had many over the years and can absolutely attest to this----plastic of any kind has no business on a sight.

Releases? They cost from $15 to $300. Which ius best? Again, the answer is obvious.

What you will find is a lot of people who have tried only one thing for whatever, and to them that is the best. They have little or no experience with anything else. That's why it's important for YOU to get out and try the stuff yourself. See what makes you happy.
Old 01-17-2005, 02:00 PM

i shoot the parker ul 31 limb savers and string silencers with the wb2 and a 7" doinker mine is reall quiet all you hear is the arrow thump when it hits i have a cheep cobra site im going to try the trophy ridge this summer if yah get your bow set up right it will shoot a whole lot faster than a mathews no problem
Old 01-20-2005, 07:42 PM

Exreme archery has exellent sights, and run about $55, beyond that, it just depends what you can live with. Do you really need arrows within .001 sraight, probably not, so you will have to look at what you want to accomplish. Some people will tell you you need to buy copper johns deadnuts sights, or a fall away rest, and that may be more than you really need. The most imprtant thing is do the research, hit the archery shops, ask the salesman questions. You will find alot of what people tell you is personal preference, and you will have to weed thru that, and figure out what you want, then ask the salesman what he has, or can get for you to accomplish what you want. It kind of sucks this advise I am giving you, but it is true. It took me months to sift thru the bs that people were telling me that I just had to have, to get what would really do what I wanted. It will take trial and error, but that is the only way you will truely be happy with your setup.
Old 01-22-2005, 03:31 PM

Congrats!!

I have a Copper John Dead Nuts on one of my bows and a Spott-Hogg Hunter sight on the other. They are both excellent sights and you would probably be happy with either. However, I must say that I prefer the Spott-Hogg due to the ability to level both the 2nd & 3rd axis.

As far as rests go, I have a Futura TKO on my old bow but I recently purchased a Trophy Ridge Drop Zone for my new bow. The TKO is a good drop away rest and priced very reasonable. It also has the ability to be used as spring loaded or launcher style rest. I just got the drop zone rest but I have heard alot of good things about them. Thus far, it seems to be well built, extremely quite and simple to tune. However, it is somwhat costly in my opinion. Good Luck