Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Broadhead help

Old 01-20-2005, 11:46 AM

Default Broadhead help

Hi everybody!

Going to take the bowhunting-licens here in Denmark in April(hopefully pass) and just picked up bow shooting last year. So no experience with broadheads what so ever!

I thought of buying some NAP spitfire xp pro´s but I can´t find field and Cut-on-Contact replacement blades for them... (anyone tried the xp pro´s??) So what would you guys sugest?? The biggest animal that i can hunt with bow in Denmark is the Roe deer.

The broadheads have to be atleast 3 bladed and have a cutting diametter of minimum 25 mm.

/Martin
Old 01-20-2005, 12:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Broadhead help

I would suggest what I always suggest when asked. Muzzy. You can't go wrong.
Old 01-20-2005, 01:37 PM

im gona have to go with bob i have shot the 3 blade and 4 blade muzzy broadheads. i have even shot a 3 blade muzzy at a doe 50 yards away on 56 pounds and got the arrow lodged in the shoulder. (unfortentally i didnt get the doe [:@] !!!)
Old 01-20-2005, 06:44 PM

I have shot Muzzy's, and Cabelas broadheads. They both shoot well, One thing you have to find out is what your states law is for hunting with broadheads. For example in some states you can't use mechanical heads, in others you can. In my opinion the best one out right now is the Crimson Talon, they fly almost like a field point, and it is not a mechanical
Old 01-21-2005, 02:14 PM

why would they outlaw mechanical broadheads?
Old 01-21-2005, 03:46 PM

go with the spitfires youll love'em
Old 01-21-2005, 07:18 PM
Boone & Crockett

Wha do you have to choose from in Denmark?

I would highly suggest you contact Garry at slick trick and see if he will ship to Denmark. These are, IMO, the best broadhead made today. You won't find a better flying broadhead, they do fly just like a field tip, penetration is outstanding and they make a huge hole going in and out the other side.

Any one that has ever used a slick trick can back up what I have just told you.

http://slicktrick.net/

Old 01-21-2005, 07:26 PM

I am with big bulls slick tricks are an awesome head, and Gary is very nice and easy to deal with. All the other brands mentioned so far (nap muzzy and cabelas) make a quality head.
Old 01-21-2005, 08:21 PM

I would not use anything but Magnus Stingers, just bought 5 packs on sale.[8D]
Old 01-21-2005, 08:57 PM

I have no idea why some states outlaw mechanicals, but in Washington state they are illegal.

Quick Reply: Broadhead help

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.