Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Summit Broadhead stand

Old 01-07-2005, 10:08 PM

Default Summit Broadhead stand

Im currently using a summit revolution to bowhunt out of. It is the most comfortable stand Ive used by far. However, it can be aggravating to carry in where I hunt. Most of the places I like to setup are deep in the woods through a lot of thick stuff. Ive considered selling my stand I have and try the broadhead backpacker model. I was wondering if any of you had any experience with the backpacker stands that fold flat and are a few pounds lighter. The problem is I think I would be sacrificing comfort in order to get in the woods easier, and Im not sure which is more important. Let me know what you guys think.

aim small, miss small
Old 01-08-2005, 06:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Summit Broadhead stand

You are correct. You will give up some comfort for easier carrying. That said the stand is still pretty comfortable. It is also super easy to carry in and out. Folding flat goes a long way to making it easier to pack in and out. I like the stand, but for most hunts I use my goliath which is more comfortable for longer hunts.
Old 01-08-2005, 06:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Summit Broadhead stand

You are correct. You will give up some comfort for easier carrying. That said the stand is still pretty comfortable. It is also super easy to carry in and out. Folding flat goes a long way to making it easier to pack in and out. I like the stand, but for most hunts I use my goliath which is more comfortable for longer hunts.