Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

trail cameras

Old 01-07-2005, 07:15 AM

Default trail cameras

I am thinking about buying a trail camera. I have never used one and was wondering how well they work. The brands I was considering is
Non-Typical or Leaf River. Even though I hunt on private land I am a
little worried about theft, you never know. Can the cameras be secured
so theft is not a problem?
Old 01-07-2005, 12:55 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: trail cameras

I'd go with Leaf River wheter it was digital or 35mm. I have both, their digital does have a metal frame on the backside and I use a Pyton cable lock on it. The 35mm does not have the same frame and I see no way to lock it to the tree but some others on here may have some ideas. I also have two Non Typical DC-200's (35mm's) and I can say you get a much better trailcam with the Leaf River and they are cheaper. Just last week I got a Leaf River 35mm on Ebay new in the box for 142.50 shipped!
Old 01-07-2005, 07:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: trail cameras

I have used the Non-typ. Cuddeback and the Leaf River DC-2 Digital and the Leaf River is my favorite cam thus far. In fact I even returned my Cuddeback in exchange for another Leaf River digi. For the standard 35mm models, I haven't used the LR model but the Non-typ Deer Cams are excellent units and I've had great luck with both of mine.