Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

scent control

Old 12-13-2004, 05:57 PM

Default scent control

Anyone out there familiar with Arcti Shields xscent line? also does anyone have suggestions on scent control products ie sprays, deodorants, ect.
Thanx,
standing bear
Old 12-14-2004, 08:59 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: scent control

I use the Artic Shield boot covers and like them alot. Easy to carry in a pack and not big and bulky on your feet. As far as the other garments, Ive seen them in stores but I don't know of any one who uses them.

I used the White Lightning brand this year and was not very happy with it. The stuff leaves a white chaulky film on everything you spray it on. I do not know if it works any better than the other brands, but next year I am going to switch back to Scent Killer. I've had deer come in down wind of me using Scent Killer along w/ a Scent Loc suit.
Old 12-17-2004, 09:28 AM
Fork Horn

The X-Scent stuff defintely works. It is anti-microbial, which means it prevents bacteria from flourishing thus peventing odor. It is not a scent adsorber like activated carbon. You would do well to shower first with a good scent free soap before going out hunting when using X-Scent. This is what I do before hunting and it defintely makes a difference.
Old 12-17-2004, 05:37 PM

great info. i will be making purchase and will test it before the sctual hunt. Thanks!!!
standingbear