Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Summit Climber

Old 12-22-2004, 01:42 PM

Default RE: Summit Climber

I have the Viper X4... excellent stand, would recommend to anyone!
Old 12-27-2004, 09:42 AM
Fork Horn

I just purchased a broadhead backpacker. Setup it's the same as the Viper but with no front rail. I shoot sitting down quite a bit so I didn't want the rail. The broadhead does take a bit more to set up as there is two bolts to assemble every time. The other concern I had with the viper is the size when it's packed together. I usually travel with an ATV in my pickup bed so there is no room to put a stand there. The viper would never fit in the back seat of my truck with all my gear. Some thing else to think about.
Old 12-27-2004, 10:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

cmscat, why not strap it to the atv? you could lock it to the rack, unless you've got one of those crotch rocket types?
Old 01-08-2005, 07:30 PM

Well my new Summit Viper X4 arrived by UPS on Friday. After reading the instruction booklet and watching the DVD I put the stand together and I am impressed. Can't wait to try it out. Thanks to all who replied to my question on Summit Climbers. Now I just have to figure a way to strap my day-pack onto the stand or maybe bring less stuff into the woods. TerryE.
Old 01-09-2005, 04:10 PM

Terry,

Enjoy your new stand, it's a beautiful thing. As far as your day pack, I just clip mine on with a "D" ring where the back straps are strapped to the stand.

I also just picked a a bag that fastens to the front bar of the seat part at Dick"s for like $10. I plan to bring just a few items up the tree in the bag and leave the pack on the ground.

Many other scenarios, I'm sure you'll work it out.

Mark
Old 01-10-2005, 01:05 AM
Fork Horn

Last season i went with a Summit Goliath,,had ecery bit of confidense in that stand,,rock solid once set properly,,very comfortable,,damn near dozed off a few times.

One thing of importance,,always wear your harness, Don't even think about going ^ ^up there ^ w/out one. Even if you've left it behind ,cancel that hunt turn around and come back another time, !!WITH YOUR HARNESS!!.
Old 01-10-2005, 07:13 AM

Last season I purchased a Summitt Viper and love it. I was skeptical at first about climbers, but the viper works great. The bar could get in the way if you are sitting down to shoot, but is a great place to rest your bow, or gun while you are waiting. The stand is very quiet when in place and easy to use. If you move stand locations at all, I would recomend a climber. If you tend to use one or two trees then a couple of fixed stands would be the way to go.

il-todd
Old 01-14-2005, 10:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

Guy's I just bought the Viper X4 yesterday at BassPro in Toronto for 344.00cdn,maybe this price is high I don't know,but as far as I'm concerned from what I hear on this thread about this stand it's going to be well worth every penny I paid for it . I have a Warren +Sweat climber now and it absolutely suck's ,for 1 it's too small for 2 I don't feel safe or comfortable and 3 there's absolutely no room to move in it .So the ?Viper sound's as though it's going to be a very pleasurable experience.Although it doesn't pack down flat ,I'm sure I'll be able to live with it .But the main construction of this stand appear's to be rock solid .I'm sure after reading all of your post's that I'm really going to enjoy next season's hunting .

nubo
Old 01-14-2005, 12:54 PM

I'm surprised so many guys who bowhunt like the Viper. I have the Cobra .. basicly the Viper with no rail and I really like the stand.

That being said, for new Summit owners here's a list of things you should consider doing!

1. File or score the paint on the biting teeth. They can squeak.
2. They WILL squeek if you choose a tree that you use the smallest setting on and it is cold out! Try to choose trees that are at least one notch on the cable at least.
3. Mole skin the heck out of the points where the base and top sit together. Taking apart and putting back together the stand makes to much noise if you don't.
4. Replace that cheap braided, won't hold a knot cord that is intended to hold the top and bottom together in case of slipage with parachute cord.
5. Scrape the traction tape off the base where your feet go ... it's going to fall off in a season anyway and replace with something better, if not .. on wet days your rubber boots will squeak right when you swivel to see that HUGE buck working toward you.

6. A nice option is to sew a zippered nylon bag to the base of the cushion you sit on to hold your screw in bow hanger and extra bunjees/straps. That way your bow hook and bow rope will ALWAYS be with your stand should you leave your pack behind trying to slide out and get a few unexpected hours in stand. Wish I had done it sooner!
Old 01-15-2005, 06:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've had my Bushmaster XLS for about 4 years now. Its like hunting from a big comfortable couch.

You can modify the summits by purchasing various camo zippered pouches and bags and using zip ties to attach them to the stand.

I also have an extra female clip for my quiver that I've attached to the Summit. That way when I get settled I can detach my quiver from my bow and attach the quiver to the stand...ready for a follow up shot if necessary.

Quick Reply: Summit Climber

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.