Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

LeafRiver Camera

Old 11-24-2004, 08:12 PM

Default LeafRiver Camera

I bought the LeafRiver digital camera for my fiance for X-mas. It's the one with the viewing screen so he can look at the pics in the field. He's a HUGE hunter and I know it's something he will probably enjoy, at least I hope so. It's way more than I wanted to spend, so someone please tell me that it was well worth the money and that he's going to love it! Also if anyone has any tips in using this camera that'd be great.
Thanks
Old 12-08-2004, 02:41 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: LeafRiver Camera

Dusty, here's my review from another thread.

I have the Leaf River Digital with the view screen. Love the cam and think its the best digital on the market for the money. I think the view screen is way to small for my 50 year old eyes so I decided to try one of those handheld portable TV's to view my pics instead of the small 1.5" screen thats on the camera. I bought a Audiovox 2.5" screen for $64.95 and got an adapter at Radio Shack for $2.95 and it works like a charm. Just make sure you get a TV that has a video in jack.
Radio Shack part is Audio Adapter part # 274-330 with mono-to-mono 1/8" jack plug. As for my opinion if I were to get a Leaf River digital then forget the model with the view screen and spend it on a handheld TV with a larger screen so you can really see what you have.