Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
NAP Thunderhead 125 Boradhead >

NAP Thunderhead 125 Boradhead

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

NAP Thunderhead 125 Boradhead

Old 03-28-2002, 09:58 PM

Default NAP Thunderhead 125 Boradhead

NAP Thunderhead 125 Screw In Broadhead:

Construction: Hardened High-Carbon Steel Tip, Stainless Steel Blades, Aluminum Ferrule

Weight: 125 grains
Blades: .027 Stainless Steel
Cutting Diameter: 1-3/16"
Heads Per Package: 6
Cost: 29.99 (BassPro Shops)
Head Type: Screw In

Overview:
New Archery Products has been a leader in high quality archery products. The Thuderhead broadhead has been one of the best selling if not the best selling boradhead of modern archery. I still remember the excitement I got when I got my first box of them back about
15 years ago. Man they did shoot good and was a step above my old satellite heads. The Slimline Low-Drag Ferrule is a invoative design and should help with flight and reduce drag for better penetration.

Rating system: 1 = poor, 10 = best.

Durablilty: 8 - I can say I really have never had any problems with them. The blades will break but not very often. The one thing I do not like is the O-rings. They tend to dryrot after a while.

Quality: 9 - NAP have always made very well made products with good quality. They have some of the sharpest blades out there and would run a close second to Rocky Mountains.

Flight: 9 - Thunderheads fly great but you have to watch that o-ring and make sure you don't get it too tight. If you do you will get some wobble which can kill accuracy. Once again it is very important to have your equipment tuned. If you do not you will have problems getting any head to fly good.

Price: 9 - They priced with other good fixed blade heads. Six broadheads for around $30.00 is a good deal in this day of $30.00 for 3 mechanical heads market.

Total Score: 8.75

Final Comment:
A time proven design, Thuderheads prove that a great product will have a long life. If they where not good they would not be such a big seller. I don't think anyone could go wrong with this quality product.

Please Note: My test results for any broadhead is based on the quality, inovation, and basic durability of that broadhead. My reviews do not include any penetration tests. I am not concerned with that, if you want more information on those types of test please search for 5 Shots broadhead penetration test.
Old 03-29-2002, 04:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: NAP Thunderhead 125 Boradhead

Moonge, great review. I agree with your findings 100%. I also do not worry about penetration tests on heads like thunderheads or muzzys, unless you are planning on shooting through 4 or 5 deer at once, it is a moot point.
Old 03-29-2002, 08:24 PM
Typical Buck

I agree, great head. Shot the 100s and 125s for many years. still have a few of them around here someplace.
Old 03-30-2002, 10:42 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 04-09-2002, 04:44 PM

Great reveiw
Have dropped allot of deer with them
Old 04-09-2002, 05:29 PM

Good review! I guess they are the best all time deer dropping fixed blade head ever. I never switched from the razorback NO.5 to them but a lot of My friends did and they still use them to this day.
Old 04-10-2002, 02:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shot Thunderheads for several year - they are very durable heads that do a great job on animals from deer to elk. My only complaint was that I never could get them to shoot like field points. My equipment was well tuned, they just always grouped differently (and they grouped well too). Muzzy's flew the same for me, so I switched to them after a few years.