Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Cobra Ascent Sight

Old 04-10-2002, 08:40 AM
CG

Default Cobra Ascent Sight

Just got my Cobra Ascent Sight. IF you are looking for a light weight, compact, no frills hunting sight, this is the one for you. I did not purchase the micro adjust model simply because I wanted a simple rugged sight. Well this one fits the bill to a t. IT is well made and comes a nifty little unit called the posi-lock module. This allows you to be able to remove the sight for storage or transport and put it back on to the exact same spot. Simple but effective. The TKO sight pins are very bright and ruggedly built out of metal. This might be the perfect hunting sight for me!
Old 04-11-2002, 04:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Cobra Ascent Sight

Cobra seems to make quality sights with many good features for not a lot of mony. I just picked up a moveable pin sight from them. I like it so far, but need more time with it to be sure. Thanks for the info.

TAKE YOUR KIDS HUNTING AND YOU WON'T BE HUNTING FOR YOUR KIDS
Old 04-11-2002, 08:38 AM
CG

5shot,
I've got the EZ slide also. I shot it for a while and realized it wasn't for me as far as hunting goes. However, it is a pretty good 3-d sight. My style of hunting just doesn't allow for a lot of time to set a moveable pin. Stalking muleys is about the only time I can foresee it working. So back to fixed pins and the Ascent is a gem.
Old 04-12-2002, 04:26 PM

I agree, the Ascent might be the best sight for hunting. I like the all metal part best. I haven't had any problems with mine and I don't think I ever will. If I get a new sight, it will be the micro adjust.