Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Are There Stands For The Plus Size People? >

Are There Stands For The Plus Size People?

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Are There Stands For The Plus Size People?

Old 11-09-2004, 09:37 PM
Spike

Default Are There Stands For The Plus Size People?

Just wondering what the best bet is for a plus size person over 300Lbs that is looking to be comfortable and safe in a tree stand. Is it best just to stay on the ground or use permanant wooden stands?

Thanks
Old 11-10-2004, 02:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Are There Stands For The Plus Size People?

Take a look at the Summit Goliath. It's rated to 350 and is very roomy and comfortable. It's a great stand overall and comes with a full body harness, foot rests and new tree strirrups to help with climbing. I think you will like what you see.
Old 11-10-2004, 07:50 PM
Typical Buck

Aquakeeper... also realize that ALL stands are severely under rated due to insurance purposes. The only differance I tell between the summit goliath and the viper is that the goliath is a few inches wider... the stands are only a few pounds different in weight... so it's not like the goliath is made any heavier than the rest of the summit line.
Old 11-12-2004, 10:44 PM
Typical Buck

Here's a stand I would also take a look at. I've got 3 Wedge-Locs and a Chippewa Chief....best stands I've used. They also make a Brutis Maximus that has a weight limit of 400+, but I have not seen it myself.
Good people...good company.

http://www.chippewawedgeloc.com/html/wedgeloc.html
Old 11-13-2004, 10:10 PM
Spike

That looks great! That is a fixed stand right? Anyone have any ideas if there is somthing similiar to the weight capicity for a climber?
Somthing around 375-400
Old 11-26-2004, 10:53 PM

I'm a big guy and I have the Ol'Man Grand ol' Man treestand and I just love it. Not the most comfortable seat in the world but I guess that's the price I pay for having such a huge a$$
Old 11-27-2004, 09:41 PM

Aquakeeper,

Trust the Goliath, I weigh in a little over 300 lbs. without all my gear and the Goliath is solid as a rock. Easy to climb with, doesn't shift and real comfortable. I've been bowhunting over 35 years and it is the best climbing stand I have ever used.
As far as hang on models, I use Non Typical Outfitters, Lone Wolf and my trusty Sreaming Eagles. They work great. I am going to get one of the Chippewa Wedgelocks, probulay the Brutus Maximas by next season. I saw them at Harrisburg and they look super, a lot of money, over $200.00 for a hang on is an awful lot.
Good Luck,
Bmott
Old 12-17-2004, 10:37 PM

when your fat (as i am) it is nice to have the extra room and a shoot rail when one is 20 feet off the ground. the fall will not hurt you it is the sudden stop. i have used ol-man, loggy, loc on, amacker and summit is by far top of the pile.
Old 12-20-2004, 03:19 PM
Fork Horn

I bought the gorilla king kong and beefed it up a little. I added and extra chain and two ratchet straps. Also added a piece of chain on each side where the cables are attached. I weight about 300 and 6'5" and it doesnt budge with me.
Old 12-23-2004, 05:50 AM

I to am a big guy, for years i have used a 2 man ladder stand . this year i got a Gorila King Kong chain on stand . I love it, has the most comfortable seat pad in the world. They call it an air ride seat. Its not a huge stand but plenty of foot room . Im 290# i jumped up and down on it ( hooked to a tree close to ground level ) it didnt budge. By the way most climbing sticks and screw in steps are not made fro big people, I made my own set of steps al most like a stair case to get up to it.

Quick Reply: Are There Stands For The Plus Size People?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.