Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Impact Archery Products

Old 10-26-2004, 10:14 PM

Default Impact Archery Products

I just bought the Collector made by Impact Archery. I really like this sight because it's bright, easily adjustable, and has a place for a light.

Just wondering what you guys think of this company and their products.

Thanks.

www.impactarchery.com
Old 10-29-2004, 07:03 AM
c j
Typical Buck

Default RE: Impact Archery Products

I have a collector, too. Lights are illegal where I hunt, but I like the fact that the fiber optics are completely enclosed within the pin so there's no chance of them getting snagged, etc. After hunting season is over, though, I need to take it apart and switch the colors around. My orange/yellow is at the bottom and it's the first to light up. Green is next, then red.

I also took some camo tape and went around the clear pin guard with it, which made a big difference, in my opinion. The clear plastic just seemed to stand out too much when everything else is camo'd up. The only problem was that I can't find Mossy Oak Obsession tape, so if you look close, it doesn't match perfectly.
Old 10-29-2004, 09:18 AM

I find that deer dont care too much about the color of your sight. I've just been looking around on the internet and havent found another company that makes the same quality sights at their price. Spot Hogg is really nice, but for $100 + dollars I could add something else to my bow.
The only thing I dont like about my site, as CJ stated, is that the site pins are backward for me. I do use an illumination lite for my pins, but the orange pin is on the top, with green(the brightest) on the bottom.
Old 10-29-2004, 09:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

I switched to impact a couple years ago and they work great right up till quitting time, and no halo's or starbursts with my glasses. I even use them indoors now on 600 rounds, they even pick up florescent lighting.
Old 11-03-2004, 01:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

i have an impact one pin (don't remember the model) and really like it.