Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 cable and string on 2004 liberty >

cable and string on 2004 liberty

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

cable and string on 2004 liberty

Old 10-13-2004, 04:34 AM

Default cable and string on 2004 liberty

dont know about the rest of you that have this bow but my string and cables that came on this bow are terrible! the servings are all lose and were the string comes through the cable slide has a busted strand and it looks like the string is completely wore out.i love the bow but the string and cable are not very well made.i waxed both of them every month or so and there is no way this should of happened..i had the center serving and one end of the string redone at a good quality bow shop but like i said the rest looks like its 10 yrs old.i heard they make there own string now instead of using winner choice like they used to.called a shop that directly deals with bowtech and they said they would not replace them---heck the zebra strings were better than these. i just thought since the bow was this years model they might replace them anyway.
Old 10-24-2004, 10:48 AM

Default RE: cable and string on 2004 liberty

Did you call bowtech directly and cmplain? They are usually excellent with probs such as these. I never count on ANY center serving to be good. Winners choice included. I have shot all winners choice as replacement strings until recently. Purchased bowmnan strings. George at bowman.com knows his stuff and the strings are at least 90% as wc. At almost half the price. Good luck.
Old 10-24-2004, 11:20 AM

I shoot a Liberty and have heard of problems like this in the past. I'm not sure if all bows have this problem but it is a problem. Right now Bowtech is switching string companies, but I don't think they have done it yet. I haven't had any problems with mine yet, but I heard that if you push the serving back into place with your finger when it comes loose it will start staying in place better. I'm not sure what you can do about the frayed string.

Good luck
Old 10-25-2004, 11:21 AM

I think my dealer told me that the strings were made by stone mountain. Not positive though. On my justice i had a lot of string stretch after shooting it for a couple weeks.
Old 10-25-2004, 09:23 PM
Typical Buck

VaporTrail told me that they make Bowtech's strings.. but Bowtech makes the cables. The Vaportrail strings that I put on my old '03 Pat look dead up like the string on my '04 pro 40 dually. I've had problems w/ the center serving on both of them... they both slid up on me. I was told that this was due to the TS1 material they're using being soo slick. But I reserved both of them w/ Diamondback serving.. and did it rather tightly.. and I haven't had any issues since.
Old 11-05-2004, 08:02 PM

I believe it is Vaportrail,NOT StoneMountain that makes the strings for Bowtech.Not impressed with VaporTrail Strings,there are better, Stone Mountain "Dakota" Strings,BerryStrings,and Prostrings for a few..

hope the set on my Liberty that will be here Monday last the rest of the season,the set on my '04 MightyMite VFT sure didn't last long before they were dead junk !!
Old 11-08-2004, 08:08 AM

You may have to wax them more often if you shoot alot. When it gets a little fuzzy then wax it. If you have not had it long then call bowtech and complain and you will probably get a new one.