Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Stealth Cam

Old 09-06-2004, 11:22 AM
Fork Horn

Default Stealth Cam

I have a birthday in a couple weeks and was thinking of dropping a few hints for a stealth cam. They sell them at our local walmart, and I was wondering if they are worth the money($60). Any advice or hints would be appreciated as this would be my first camera. Thanks and good luck this season. Bhunter32.
Old 09-06-2004, 01:20 PM

Default RE: Stealth Cam

they are hit and miss. some work great and others dont . i have one that is not doing a great job, but i hear the company is good and fixes problems one thing that people tend to forget is that a cam is used as a scouting tool. i do not postcard type pics...i need to know what is there. a common problem with the stealth cam in centering the subject. u get alot of butt pics. i am looking at the deer cam with the olympus camera in it. $130 and i hear that it is great. u can get almost 3 stealths for that. my stealth is showing pics are taken, but there is NO noise when the number changes...who knows good luck
Old 09-08-2004, 11:20 AM

Default RE: Stealth Cam

a common problem with the stealth cam in centering the subject. u get alot of butt pics.
Not to offend you but I believe this to be user error. If you set up the cam too close to the subject(run, bait pile or whatever) the sensor will not trigger quick enough. The sensor detects a cone shape area and the closer you get to the cam the small the trigger area is and the more likely the deer will pass by before the pic is taken. Set the cam up 20-25 feet from where you expect the deer to pass by and you'll get better full deer pics