Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 New Bowtech Justice...need advice >

New Bowtech Justice...need advice

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

New Bowtech Justice...need advice

Old 08-08-2004, 10:45 AM

Default New Bowtech Justice...need advice

Just picked up my new Justice last week. Sweet bow. I hunt from treestands in northern Wisconsin, with most shots inside of 30 yards. With this in mind, I tried to put together a simple, reliable package for this type of shot. I went with a Vital Bow Gear ProFix single pin sight, and the Whisker Biscuit Drop Tine Quick Shot model.

I am looking for advice on a couple of things to finish the package. First, a quiver. The dealer is waiting on the Bowtech 4-arrow 1-piece model. He recommends this one, but he says he leaves it on the bow for shooting. I checked Bowtech's website, and they list the weight at .85 lbs. Seems a bit heavy. I was thinking of a 4-arrow 2-piece, which he says he can also get from Bowtech. I would like to hear from anyone with experience or advice with these or other quivers.

Second, I want to replace my release. I have a five year old TruFire Storm, velcro wrist strap type. I just cring when I open that Velcro in the woods. It is also not particularly smooth, and has a lot of travel on the trigger before release. I shoot off the string, no loop. I am considering the TruFire Hurricane, and also the Scott Mongoose or Little Goose. I appreciate any advice offered.
Old 08-08-2004, 10:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: New Bowtech Justice...need advice

I have the 2 piece 4 arrow quiver. It's just the ticket. It is the lightest bowtech quiver and 4 arrows is more than enough.
Old 08-08-2004, 09:07 PM

go to a shop and try out the liitle bitty goose and the jim fletcher jim dandy you may have to adjust the length of the release head rope tofit but that is a nice adjustment to have and they both have fine trigger settings and travel.
Old 08-12-2004, 11:20 AM

I went to a Cat Quiver backpack quiver last year and will never go back. I didn't like the extra weight on my bow and I especially didn't like the nocks sticking below the bottom of the bow where they can get packed with mud. That will definitely be an issue on that Justice, as short as it is.

I hunt with a Scott Little Bitty Goose. The best feeling trigger I have found so far. But then, once I found it I quit looking.
Old 08-13-2004, 09:54 AM

I don't like quivers on my bow but like them to carry arrows to my stand. I got the Alpine 5 arrow and it works well. I take it off when I get in my stand. I shoot the Scott Mongoose, Wolf, and my son shoots the caliper. The key word is Scott. All of their releases are VERY good. Don
Old 08-17-2004, 08:27 PM

I'll second Scott releases. Love both of mine (buckle Mongoose). Go with the buckle. Easy to make sure you get it on the same way every time (just use the same hole) and quiet.

I use a one piece 4-arrow quiver. I take it off in the stand and hang it up.
Old 08-18-2004, 10:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Put down a vote in for me on the "scott" been shooting the same scott releas for 12yr now and still shoots just as smooth as the day i bought it