Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

PORTABLE TREE STANDS

Old 08-07-2004, 10:52 AM

Default PORTABLE TREE STANDS

I NEED TO GET A NEW PROTABLE STAND, BUT THERE ARE SO MANY TO CHOOSE FROM.
I WANT TO GET A HANG ON STAND BECAUSE ALOT OF THE TREES IN MY AREA ARE NOT STRAIGHT ENOUGH FOR A CLIMBER.
CAN ANYONE GIVE ME SOME SUGGESTIONS?
WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE STAND?
DOES ANYONE HAVE A SUMIT? (THEY LOOK LIKE NICE LIGHT STANDS, THAT GO UP EASY, BUT IF NOT LET ME KNOW.)
Old 08-07-2004, 11:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: PORTABLE TREE STANDS

I am completely happy with the Gorilla line of stands specially the silverback series.
I have the silverback Lite which is great if you have to pack in and out.
The Silverback has a bigger seat and platform than the lite so I have it in a perminant position at the lease.

Their climbing sticks are good as well I have a set of 3 x 3' which combined with the Silverback Lite only weigh 18lbs and is perfect for packing in and out.

On the perminant stand I have the stackin sticks which can get me up to 18' but they are not really suited for a pack in pack out day hunt.
Old 08-08-2004, 10:25 AM

well this is easy....trailhawk treestands they are TMA approved and certified..they are probably one of the best treestands to come out on the market today..i was really impressed by the video my local gun dealer gave me...they had some great tips and showed all of there treestands they sell..i suggest getting the video and watch it!
Old 08-09-2004, 07:13 PM

Lone Wolf's are very nice, and have a nice price tag to go along with em. But I love mine very light weight excelent stand IMO
Old 08-09-2004, 10:33 PM
kop

Lone wolf www.lonewolfstands.com check them out very adjustable for not so straight trees and very quiet and light
Old 08-15-2004, 07:11 PM

summit buck steps and the summit headhunterx4 this whole setup won't break your back or your wallet and sweet to hunt out of and i wiegh 250lb
Old 08-16-2004, 04:22 PM

i have the lone wolf alpha hang on stand and i can tell u...u will loe the ease of carry, lightness, ease of installing to the tree, and ease of climbing with the sticks. u can get into just about any tree and high enough not to get picked. check out the web site and hook it UP
Old 08-18-2004, 06:05 PM

The gorilla line of tree stands work great for me a little heavy, but solid. Not too spendy either
Old 08-18-2004, 06:29 PM

Lone wolf is in a class of their own. I have gorilla, API, Loggy Bayou and Lone Wolf. The Lone Wolf IS BY FAR THE BEST!!!!
Old 08-19-2004, 05:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can't speak highly enough of the Summit Headhunter Lite ( I think it's called the Headhunter X4 now) and the Bucksteps combination. Easiest stand to hang and rock solid and very light at only 10.5#.