Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

fixed broadheads

Old 08-04-2004, 08:42 PM
Typical Buck

Default fixed broadheads

i would like to hear some feedback on some heads that fly like fieldtips and have agood cutting dia. i used mech. last year and was impressed as the bull elk i shot went 20 yds and piled up but i am still skeptical any feedback would be appreciated
Old 08-04-2004, 11:04 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: fixed broadheads

Man, this is going to get nasty in here with this topic. They are all good heads , good shot placement is the key. As for fixed blade , every bow is different, trial by error is the best way to find out. Thnuderheads, Muzzy, Magnus Stingers. It's your choice shot them and compare.
Old 08-04-2004, 11:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Muzzy, Magnus and Steel Force Premiums no adjustment required from FP's out of a tuned bow. Others slight adjustment maybe required IME (TH's, Wasp SST, Rocky Mountain, etc).

I am cut on impact guy now, since my archery consists of Bear, Elk and Deer. Used to be an annual moose hunt as well but they have since closed that season here and it is a general or draw only with no classification. I just found the 100 gr cut on impact would do everything I needed with no need to worry or change and the fact the flight is superb with the Steel Force was added insurance.

Like everything there are a ton of good choices, like lou said you need to find the one best for you, your setup and situation.
Old 08-05-2004, 06:33 PM
Boone & Crockett

IMO the best flying fixed blade head and toughest as well is the Slick Trick. Give them a try. Like me I am sure you won't be dissapointed.

Stingers would be my top shoice if I wanted a broadhead with a blade all the way to the tip.
Old 08-06-2004, 07:26 PM
Typical Buck

I just picked up a pack of 4-blade 125 stingers, and yes they fly and hit with my field tips. They'll be on my elk setup this year!!---I also looked at Slick Tricks, it's a great looking head with great claims, I opted for the stingers! elknut1
Old 08-09-2004, 12:39 AM

i'd say go wit new archery products razorbacks 100 grain... they are a great broadhead and i have heard many great things about them..
Old 08-10-2004, 11:57 AM

Get the only ones you'll ever need - Montec G-5's.
Old 08-14-2004, 07:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Man I am bummed! I just shot my new bow with broadheads for the first time. My trusty Muzzys I use to use 125s and now 100s. They hit low! A couple of inches any clue to why this would be? I could hold a tad high but I want them dead on. Now I am wondering if I should try some Montecs. Any thoughts?
Old 08-14-2004, 09:55 PM
Fork Horn

Tribal try lowering your novking point just a little bit at a time. That should do the trick.
Old 08-15-2004, 06:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks, I will do that hopefully problem solved!

Quick Reply: fixed broadheads

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.