Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Pendulum Sight

Old 11-05-2006, 08:09 PM
Spike

Default Pendulum Sight

i was thinking about investing in apendulum sight.. just want some oppions why/why not to get one
Old 11-05-2006, 08:14 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Pendulum Sight

I have a KELLER and love it when hunting from a stand, just can't shoot past 32yds. The last few times out I've hunted from the ground and wished I had my trophy ridge mounted on the bow.
Old 11-05-2006, 09:56 PM
Fork Horn

I also have a kellers and have nothing but positive things to say about it. The hardest part is sighting it in, but once its zero'd in, your good to go. I haven't pushed mine too far (besides target practice), but its compensated perfectly each and every time.
Old 11-05-2006, 09:57 PM

i myself wouldnt trust one...
Old 11-06-2006, 02:48 AM

i killed my first deer using a pendulum, 20 yrs ago, and have never used any thing but a pendulum, i use the keller one also.
Old 11-06-2006, 11:02 AM

really tuff for me to get sighted in....(either my stupidity, or I am a ametuer). and when I did get it sighted in from above, would not shoot good from ground. (Accuracy) With today's fast bows, it is easy to just use one pin for most shots (out to 25yd anyway). That is my feeling anyway.....
Old 11-06-2006, 11:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

The first 10 years or so, I used one of the Cobra pendulum sights. It was only about $10 to $15 and worked great out to 30 yards. I went to sight pins when I wanted to extend my effective range and my pendulum broke. The new ones today are too expensive.
Old 11-06-2006, 01:10 PM

I bought and used the Predator IV sight for almost a whole weekend and it was almost a weekend too long.

So you know I am not being one sided against it, my buddy who talked me into this sight uses one successfully every year, and he likes it. Personally - it isn't for me.

It isn't for me because the sight's metal frame is very thin metal, and it bent, and when you are using a pin that moves, anything being bent isn't good. It cost me an 8 point, and a doe before I realized that the sight was bent, and therefore making me over adjust to the side.

It is my opinion that putting a moving pin on a metal frame that bends isn't a good idea.

I am only talking about the predator. Others may be not made like this.
Old 11-06-2006, 01:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have the Vital Bow Gear Camelback pendulum sight and really like it. Itis very bright, quiet, and easy to use. I love the locking/screw-in mechanism on the top back section of the sight, so you can use it as a single pin sight if you choose.

Depending on the speed of the bow, pendulums are only good out to a maximum of 30 yards.

Butch A.

Old 11-06-2006, 04:01 PM
Typical Buck

Check out Impact Archery. I have their single pin...but i will be getting either their all-terrain pendulum(you can lock it for ground hunting)or their Bravo pendulum. They are a very durable, bright sight for an affortable price.

Quick Reply: Pendulum Sight

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.