Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Release. Good or not?

Old 07-16-2004, 06:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Release. Good or not?

I went to Wal-Mart today and got me a Tru-Fire kodiak elite with the strap. Is this a good release, or should I return it and get a better one from somewhere? Thanks
Old 07-16-2004, 07:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Release. Good or not?

Dairy King- In my opion i think you would be more happyer with a diffrent release like a scott or something with a little better quality but if your happy with it? shoot it for a while and see how it does? But if it were me i would take it back and maby go to your archery shop and check out a few there! I think you will see what i mean
Old 07-16-2004, 08:04 PM
Boone & Crockett

Tru Fire makes a good release. I shoot with the Hurricane glove and could not be happier with it. I have tried the Scotts and Tru balls but ended up with a tru fire. IMO it was the better release for me.

I looked for the kodiak on their web site but could not find it to see what kind features it has. But, Tru Fire does make a good solid release.
Old 07-17-2004, 10:06 PM
Typical Buck

True Fire makes a quality release. I don't know about the Kodiak Elete but I have the X-Caliper and I don't think there is a better release on the market that I'd be interested in. I shoot mine in the Relax to Fire method.
Old 07-18-2004, 08:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

I use a True Fire Bear Paw release and I don't mind it at all ,I'm sure there's nothing wrong with this release .I'm going to get another release and I'm looking towards a Scott or a Carter .

nubo