Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What are some good release that are out there >

What are some good release that are out there

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What are some good release that are out there

Old 03-13-2005, 03:05 PM
Fork Horn

Default What are some good release that are out there

I am thinking of buying a new release but I have not kept up with what's new or good out on the market if several years. I have been using the same release for 7or 8 years. It's a cobra calliper style release. I am looking for something a little shorter. I shot with a loop also. I guess let me know what you shot and why you like it. I am NOT looking for a back tension relase.
Old 03-13-2005, 03:12 PM

Default RE: What are some good release that are out there

bigcountry25, Hey Ive been shooting the same release for the last three years, and it is made by Stacy Archery. I dont know right off hand how to contact them, but They are the same company that makes Stacy bows. The release is called 4-Play. It is a wrist strap design, but has a trigger sear mechanism much like the carter target releases. It is adjustable and mine is set very light and no travel at all. It cost me about 50 bucks and I have been very satisfied with it. If your interested, I can try to find out how to contact them.

By the way, If you run into the Buie boys down there, you need to tell them to leave the crappie alone for a while and stay home sometimes,lol.
Old 03-13-2005, 03:15 PM

Aslo oyu cant go wrong with the Scott Mongoose, or Scott Itty Bitty Goose!
Old 03-13-2005, 03:45 PM

I just started using the Scott Rhino. don't hear a lot of people who use them but it gives me a more consistant release than the gooses...
Old 03-13-2005, 04:21 PM
Typical Buck

Cobra Armstrong glove. I like this one for hunting because the release swivels 360 degrees and I can put it on and tuck it in my shirt or coat sleeve and climb or whatever. It is always there and ready. No noise putting on, etc. Plus it feels pretty good. I don't know why there aren't more made like this. http://www.outdoorsuperstore.com/sto...tID~270462.htm
Old 03-13-2005, 05:46 PM
Fork Horn

Jim Fletcher- Fletchunter shorty it's a nice small release on either a velcro wrist strap or a slip over wrist strap.
Old 03-13-2005, 06:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

M favorite is the TRUBall Short-N-Sweet. This release is specifically made for shootin off a D-loop. It's exactly as it's name implies.... short and sweet. A very crisp, clean non-collaspable trigger makes it the most accurate wrist strap release I've ever used! You've got to at least take a serious look at one? I also really like the looks of the new TRUBall Copperhead!
Old 03-13-2005, 10:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Have a look at the new Mag-Tek line they have no springs and can be adjusted from light,medium and heavy trigger by the turn of a screw driver.

Designed by Ken Stanislawski so you know its going to be a good release.

Here is what they say about it on their web site.

HOT SHOT and MAG-TEK is proud to announce the MAG-NIFICANT 7 This is a release using a solid permanent magnet. No more worn out or weak springs. This caliper has a machined aluminum body and case hardened sear and trigger mechanism. The trigger rests against the magnet, as you squeeze the trigger it breaks away from the magnet allowing the sear to open. The magnet is also utilized to help pull the sear open. Neither of the two moving parts are ever pushed to the edge to obtain a crisper feeling trigger, making it safer to draw back and therefore eliminating the occasional misfire. This gives you zero travel and superior trigger feel. If you’re pulling the trigger and let up nothing has moved, totally eliminating misfires. to adjust pressure you loosen the set-screw and rotate the magnet until you get desired tension then retighten the set-screw, then your ready to shoot.

The web site is.
http://www.hotshotmanufacturing.com/
Old 03-14-2005, 05:25 AM
Typical Buck

I'm a big fan of Scott releases. You just have to find one that applies to your application and how you like it. They make a couple different models.
Old 03-14-2005, 05:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have always been partial to Tru Ball releases and this year they came out with a few new designs. I just picked up the Tru Ball copperhead and its a heck of a release! Very small, and it uses a web strap connection to the wrist strap so you can make it as short as you'd like. Its a dual caliper release and my favorite feature of the Tru ball's is the fact that you squeeze to open the jaws and let to to close them. You don't have to push the trigger forward to close them like most other designs.

I am very impressed with these releases to say the least.

Quick Reply: What are some good release that are out there

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.