Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Tuning Help- HCA Per-FX

Old 07-13-2004, 09:00 PM

Default Tuning Help- HCA Per-FX

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just got a 2004 HCA Per-fx bow set at 30inch draw, 70lbs draw and 80% letoff...I put the new Trophy Ridge v drive sight, a doty tm style rest and a NAP shock Blocker stabilizer with 29" terminator seltcs 60/75 w/ AAE 4" vanes and 100 grain field points...shooting a loop and a scott caliper release...My problem is that my arrows are hitting 8inches high with the sight set as high as I can get it..I anchor the same place I have for the best part of 20yrs low on my jaw...I realize that the impact point shouldcome down as I anchor higher on my face but it is not significant having tried from my jaw line and I raised it to the corner of my mouth...I am not sure what I am missing and have never had a problem getting my bow to shoot in the past. [:@]
Old 07-14-2004, 02:36 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Tuning Help- HCA Per-FX

i have had that problem once before you need to check your nock or make sure your peep is tied in the right spot cause if your peep is too high or low it can change things. How does that bow shoot is smooth and does it shoot pretty fast.
Old 07-24-2004, 08:37 PM

Default RE: Tuning Help- HCA Per-FX

DeerHunter21,

I spoke to high country and had to ultimately take 12 twists out of the cable to get it shoot well.

I have it set at 30" and 72lbs shooting a 460 grain arrow at 281...I think it is even smoother then the DS hatchets I had on my Carbon Force...although I never had the carbon force chronoed I think it was a little faster...I will say that this bow is much quieter than any bow I have ever shot and much quieter that my brothers Mathews Q2...although it does have some hand shock that my brothers bow does not but nothing serious