Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 The Reaper climbing stick >

The Reaper climbing stick

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

The Reaper climbing stick

Old 07-09-2004, 06:16 PM
Spike

Default The Reaper climbing stick

Anyone ever heard of the Reaper climbing stick? I saw one in a 2000 Deer Hunting equipment mag. I called the 800 # and tried the website but they are apparently gone. This was a great idea! It was a 16' telescoping climbing stick with a detachable pruning saw. Held up to 250 # and only weighed 6.5#.

Jack DeHaven
Old 07-09-2004, 09:57 PM

Default RE: The Reaper climbing stick

at last check they went under still owing several folks money, they had made a good product in the begining, then changed to plastic and were having issues with breakage and injury i belive
Old 07-10-2004, 03:57 AM
Spike

What a shame! This looked like the perfect answer to what I really needed.
Jack
Old 07-10-2004, 07:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

I saw this thing and was interested in the idea. What I didn't like is that it is about 5' long. Doesn't make it very packable on my stand. I called the people who made it (this was a couple years ago) and asked when they were going to make a model that collapsed to 3'. Of course I got the old "We aren't going to. This is good enough."
I had read some posts somewhere that some guys thought they were very noisy. I don't have any first hand knowledge.
It just bugs me that when you call manufacturers and give some feedback to help them make a better product they don't want to hear it. Some think they have all the answers. Well, the consumer has the answers. Buy or don't buy.
Old 07-12-2004, 01:32 PM

The Reaper climbing stick lightweight easy to carry around. The only problem I have with it, is when it’s attached to a tree the stick is to close to the tree, so it feels like only your toe’s are on the steps.

I met the owner of the company about 2 years ago at a show selling the stick at a discount price. He was telling me the he was getting out the tree stand business because after 9/11 his liability insurance went sky high. Like he said he knew going into the tree stand business it’s not if your going to get sued, it’s when will you get sued (Too many lawyers out there for the stupid people). He wanted to keep his product at a reasonable price so that most could afford them and not break the bank. So instead passing on the cost he decided to get out the business
Old 07-13-2004, 03:12 AM
Spike

After seeing the Reaper, I got interested in API's telescoping stand (Grandmaster Packing).

I wondered if you could buy the climbing part separately. I contacted BassPro and API Outdoors and they said API stands went out of business. I read on the net where they were recalling 50,000 plus defective stands so I guess that did them in.

That pole was a neat idea.
Jack
Old 07-13-2004, 07:53 AM

I met the owner of the company about 2 years ago at a show selling the stick at a discount price. He was telling me the he was getting out the tree stand business because after 9/11 his liability insurance went sky high. Like he said he knew going into the tree stand business it’s not if your going to get sued, it’s when will you get sued (Too many lawyers out there for the stupid people). He wanted to keep his product at a reasonable price so that most could afford them and not break the bank. So instead passing on the cost he decided to get out the business

YAH! thats the best yet since! i am involved with a company that first tested and was sponsered by them. they changed the design, and went to cheap materials and had issues with breakage thats what sent up his ins. not 9/11 to bad he changed material it was a good item