Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Need feedback on Summit stand. >

Need feedback on Summit stand.

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Need feedback on Summit stand.

Old 06-02-2004, 08:08 PM

Default Need feedback on Summit stand.

I am looking at buying a Summit Broadhead Backpacker and wanted to get some feedback from those of you who have used them. Need all the pros and cons. Thanks for your help.
Old 06-03-2004, 03:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Need feedback on Summit stand.

Overall it's an excellent stand. It has all the positive features of the regular line up. Quiet, easy to climb with, stable, safe and comfortable. It does take a couple of min longer to setup due to the extra step in unfolding it and getting it ready to climb with. However it packs very nicely, and setup is still fast compared to some other stands on the market.
Old 06-03-2004, 04:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

I bought the broadhead and am returning it for a non-folding cobra X4. This has the sit and stand feature that makes climbing easier and then you fold the bar up so its out of your way for bowhunting. IMO the folding does not help you unless you are packing it into a car. It definately takes longer to setup and makes more noise setting up. Now don't get me wrong summit makes great stands and I have tested a few of them, but I do not think the folding ones are better.
Old 06-05-2004, 05:50 PM

ardeerslayer,

I have one I'll sell for $80 icluding shipping. It's less than a year old, excellent shape, non-virgin.
Old 06-05-2004, 05:52 PM

Correction: The one I'd mentioned is the hang-on version.
Old 06-05-2004, 07:08 PM

summit treestands are the best ,bar none !
Old 06-05-2004, 07:25 PM

I agree, no matter what summit you go with you can't lose
Old 06-06-2004, 09:24 AM

ARDeerSlayer,First off,in my opinion,you can't go wrong with any Summit stand,but you did'nt state the reason way you wanted the backpacker model.I just replaced my old Viper with the new Viper X4,the improvements Summit made to an already great stand are outstanding.The only problems I'm having are #1,waiting for the hunting season to start,and #2,keeping my hunting buddies drool off the X4 when they look it over...Bob
Old 06-06-2004, 12:19 PM

I bought a broadhead backpacking climber last night, and have been playing with it all day. I looked at every stand that Bass Pro and Cabelas carries, as well as all the local archery and hunting shops around lately. I think for the money the Broadhead by summit is by FAR the best for the money. I honestly think they have the best bow stand on the market in that price range. I was fortunate enough to find a last years modle of it at cabelas last night, and was able to get it for $180.00 I think the new one has some great changes, but not worth the extra $50.00 . I am very happy with my decision, and am confident that I will enjoy this stand for years to come. Hope this helps, I say go for it!!!