Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Pick my release

Old 05-28-2004, 09:19 PM

Default Pick my release

I just switched to a loop and currently shoot a back tension style of release, but I am looking to switch over before hunting season. I have narrowed my decisions down to the following:

1. Scott Archery New Rhino
2. TRU Ball Short and Sweet
3. Carter Two Shot

Thanks for you opinions,
Old 05-28-2004, 09:30 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Pick my release

Well I am going to make your decision just a little bit harder.

You owe it to yourself to try a Tru Fire hurricane glove or a Winn loop hook release. I switched to a glove release (Tru Fire hurricane) a few years ago and no way will I ever shoot another wrist strap style release aid. The glove is, IMO, far more comfortable to shoot and wear. In fact I lost mine last hunting season and thought I would give a TruBall a shot and I took it back the very next day after only about an hour of shooting. Give them a try you just might like them as I did.
Old 05-28-2004, 09:52 PM

I think all three are good; but if it were me, I would go with the Short and Sweet.
Old 05-29-2004, 06:07 AM

I just got the 2 Shot and all I can say is WOW!
Old 05-29-2004, 06:14 AM
Typical Buck

I am getting the Rhino. They have it coming out in the NCS line up. Talked to Melanie at Scott the other day. Probably another 2 weeks. Then it'll be mine!
Old 05-29-2004, 08:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here's another vote for the TRU BALL Short-N-Sweet, an excellent release!!!

Old 05-29-2004, 01:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've tried them all, at least all mentioned here. I'd take the Carter, hands down. I have a Hurricane and have had a Winn Free. All I can say is ---"Lousy Triggers". In fact I don't like triggers at all. That's why I took the loop off also. That being said, the Carter is the vream of the crop of all those mentioned.
Old 05-29-2004, 07:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Do glove style releases allow for more drawlenght because there shorter or is it the same?
Old 05-30-2004, 12:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

no, the glove style releases don't allow for more draw length. Actually they may decrease draw length. I have 2 of the tru fire hurricane style and I like them very well. the only thing is that the head is pretty long. I still recommend this release. I also have short n sweet but haven't been able to shoot it much.
Old 05-30-2004, 07:45 AM
Typical Buck

Do glove style releases allow for more drawlenght because there shorter or is it the same?
Neither.
Your anchor point will change slightly but your draw length will remain the same.

Quick Reply: Pick my release

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.