Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 high speed bow broadheads >

high speed bow broadheads

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

high speed bow broadheads

Old 05-17-2004, 05:50 PM

Default high speed bow broadheads

hello. I shoot a Hoyt MagnaTec set at 68 lbs and shoot a Carbon Express CX 200 arrow.
with this setup I am shooting arround 270 fps. What I was wondering is what kind of broadhead I should shoot on my arrows for deer hunting.
I am considering
Magnus Stinger 100 or 85 grain
Muzzy 75 grain
NAP Nitron
Rocket Steelhead
I really like what I have heard about the Stingers and have heard that they fly well with high speed bows and that they have extremely good penetration. I would pefer to stay away from expandable broadheads, since I do not want to take the chance of the broadhead failing. Any other sugguestions on broadheads and any other information would be great.
thank you
Erik
Old 05-17-2004, 07:16 PM

Default RE: high speed bow broadheads

I like my stingers a lot! Im shootin them at 272 fps, havnt had any problems. The only animal i havnt had a pass through on was a 300 pound pig, but he was at 46 yards and dropped in his tracks. I also like muzzys, but carried stingers along with them last year. Im going to try snuffers this year, but ill also carry stingers.
Old 05-17-2004, 08:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

75gr or 100gr InnerLoc. Personally I think they are better quality heads than Muzzy. Either would be fine though. What I like about this style is that once you put them on the arrow and spin-test them you don't have to disturb the alignment to change blades.
Old 05-18-2004, 08:58 AM
nub

270=High speed?[&:] Pick just about any head you like. You have more important things to worry about than 270 fps. Like FOC, spine, alignment, tune, you name it.
Old 05-18-2004, 05:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Right on nub. You shouldn't have a problem getting any broadhead to fly at those speeds provided that your bow is tuned properly.
Old 05-19-2004, 05:54 AM
Typical Buck

So long as your bow is tuned properly, any straight and aligned broadhead will fly well (provided you have enough steerage at the back of the arrow). Like nub said..........take your pick. Maybe 5shots site can help you choose based on other features like toughness and blade sharpness.

His site is: http://www.broadheadtests.com