Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

White Goldtips....

Old 05-03-2004, 02:41 PM
voz
Fork Horn

Default White Goldtips....

After watching the "Nuge", I became intrigded by the white arrows that he uses...I thought it would be a good idea, as they would probably be easier to find. Last year I put EZ crest on a few of my arrows and they look real nice....but out of curiousity I took a couple of my practice arrows (goldtip)..and sprayed them with flat white spraypaint. They look pretty cool and I shot them all last season and the paint shows no wear. I was thinking of sparying a few of my hunting arrows this year....what do you guys (and gals) think?
Old 05-04-2004, 08:27 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: White Goldtips....

If it's cheap and it works, then that's half the fulfillment of hunting - for me anyway. I like the idea of a white since it allows you to inspect the type of blood upon pass through. Question: Do you spray after fletching the shafts, and if after, are you scraping away paint to adhere directly to the shaft?

Fritz
Old 05-04-2004, 09:20 AM
Typical Buck

Personally I would not want a long white object in the woods to catch their attention. I want to be as invisible as possible in the woods.
Old 05-04-2004, 08:14 PM
voz
Fork Horn

I spray after fletching.....some of my arrows still have the white EZ crest still on them, they look great...others were just tartget arrows, I used painters tape (blue) around the bottoms of the vanes...these don't look quite as good, since between the vanes is black...last thing I do is go over the shafts real light with some steel wool...smoothes over the rough spots. I'm not sure what most people do with their gear, but I have several "hunting only" arrows that I never use unless I'm drawing on a critter, so my thought is the paint will last as long as the arrow will...if not, a couple squirts of paint....