Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 The big Three? is that it? >

The big Three? is that it?

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

The big Three? is that it?

Old 07-18-2004, 03:54 PM

Default RE: The big Three? is that it?

throwingStarr:

Golden Eagle is a very good bow, one of many good brands. However, the credit primarily goes to you for your ability to skillfully tune and shoot.
Old 07-31-2004, 08:55 PM

Been away a while - Just got an AR34 - A very nice bow for a very nice price. I started with a PSE Stingray another very nice bow. I have a few friends who always push the "Top 3" at me and I have watched their musings with their prefered companies. I haven't had any serious problems with either bow (yet) but I do know that PSE (the company) not the pro shop backs up their product 100%. But I haven't had any problems with my bows to warant sending it /them in for work. Says alot to me about the company.
Old 08-01-2004, 12:27 AM

I didn't hear anyone mention this so here's my belief why the big three are the big three...
ADVERTISING. When you see a bow advertisement, what companies do see 90% of the time - Matthews, Hoyt, Bowtech, and sometimes Martin. This is what people see and hear the most of therefore, this is what they desire. I have a friend that went out a couple years ago looking for a new bow. I told him to shoot every make/model that he could before deciding. He shot 3 or 4 different bows and settled on the Matthews. A year later I purchased a Buckmaster G2. When he shot my bow, he couldn't believe the difference. When he asked me how much I paid for mine and I told him, he wanted to crawl in a hole and die. He couldn't believe I spent that much less and got a bow that to both him and I (now this is our opinion) was more comfortable, smooth, and shooter friendly.

So kudos to Jennings/Buckmaster/Fred Bear and whoever else belongs to their company - you make a great bow that is affordable.
Old 08-03-2004, 04:08 PM

Another reason to shoot the big 3.................Hoyt, Mathews and PSE. Not sure how Bowtech got in there they might be number 5 at best.

Champion just went bankrupt, and you never know who is next and that is why I stick with the top of the line bows. Which by the way all make very good entry level bows.
Old 08-09-2004, 12:51 AM

i am a pse shooter all the way!!!