Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

[Deleted]

Old 04-15-2004, 09:55 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 04-15-2004, 10:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Trophy Ridge Sights?

Don't matter what you get, but if you want your money's worth don't get anything made with plastic.
Old 04-15-2004, 10:54 PM
Typical Buck

Have to agree with BG, but I would also like to add that if the sight you buy has a worm drive screw to help you make adjustments then you will really appreciate a quality sight. I love my Spot hogg real deal. solid as a rock.
Old 04-15-2004, 11:45 PM
Boone & Crockett

For the reason above and other reasons I wouldn't give you a nickle for any of their products. My limited experience with their sights was crap. I'll never have another. Too many great sights on the market that cost a pile less and are of much much better quality.

MBG
Vital bow gear
HHA
Cobra
Spott Hog
Copper John

Just to name a few.
Old 04-16-2004, 07:06 AM

I too have an outback on order and will put on trophy ridge sights!!!! Have had them on 3 bows any problem i had the company too care of the problem fast , and promptly they do stand behind their product!!! I had no problem switching over to vertical pins. On the outback i am putiing on the new mantis sight with v drive... throphy ridge did have some problems in the begining but solved them.. my sight has never broken down in the field.... but as far as if this is the sight for you buy a used one and try it or see if your pro shop has one set up on a bow so you can try it out..... then you will see if its ok for you...[8D][:-]
Old 04-16-2004, 04:35 PM

spott hogg.....great sights
Old 04-17-2004, 10:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

On this subject I would say it's all about an individual personal preference.
I've had several TR sights, the Flatliner, the Matrix, Matrix Steel Pin tech and will say I've had my share of problems. One in particular, is getting the sight bracket to stay tightened to the windage bar and also the windage bar to the elevation bar. Nevertheless, the customer service at Trophy Ridge has been exceptional (I'm speaking for myself here) and with 'all' the difficulties I've had with the TR sights, the company immediately responded and resolved the problems--all free of charge, total warranty coverage. That impressed me quite a bit and I continue to support the company as this company supports my needs.
One day they'll get it right, now that the Mantis and Guide Series are out, it sure looks like they're heading in the right direction.
IL-Cornfed a member of this board has provided us with a picture of what the mantis looks like on his bow.
Along with the TR sights, the Spot Hogg are 'great sights', I also have the Hogg-It and that's one hell-of-a sight, but they're also quite a bit $$.
This is a sight you can tune quite easilly and have all 3 axis adjustments.
The Copper John, like I said earlier, it's all about personal preference--I found that the CJ sights are good, but there seems to be a problem with the 'red fiber optic' in particular, but there a large selection of sights on the market today---but I'll say one thing to end---you will never go wrong with a Spot-Hogg sight, they are really designed well--not bullet proof, no sight is, due to our 'own fault' sometimes and I would say, if you have the cash go for the Spot-Hogg. JMHO.
Old 04-20-2004, 12:23 PM

Hi venom
TR staff shooter here!!!
i've had a few problems ,but they will get you right immediately.As far as sights moving every sight company will have that problem if you shoot a lot of arrows.Vibrations in the bow will loosen things up ,so i just double check everythng .
And as it goes the very best horizontel sight goin today is made by HTM.
These sights are made to order not production .You get what you pay for 35.00 is elCHEAPOSE.
For the DEER hunter fine ,but to shoot 3D ,ASA,etc buy qaulity .TR sights the metal pins for sure 019's.TR is getting with the program .

Also i don't see a TR sight weighing in at 1lb .
I'll weigh one to see .i've owned three and will not change over .i've seen everynew bow sight on the market and TR are sights are very dependable should last a life time .

SHOOTEM STRAIGHT!!!!!
Old 04-21-2004, 08:19 PM

I had some problems with Trophy Ridge as well. Moving problems but as the previous replys stated they have great customer service and they do their best to make things right. The new Guide Series will solve all the moving issues. Totally new design with micro-adjustments on both the horizontal and vertical. I love the pin setup and after shooting one for just a short time I can't imagine and don't want to go back to the horizontal pins. Alan in WI
Old 04-23-2004, 06:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

I just bought a trophyridge Flatliner for my pse spyder. I really like it so far. It's easy to adjust the pins on it. It was my first time shooting vertical pins when I put it on my bow. I addaped to them really fast. Now, I dont think I could ever go back to the horizontal pins.

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.