Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Doinker stabilizers

Old 03-12-2004, 01:15 PM
Fork Horn

Default Doinker stabilizers

I was just wanting some opinions on this stabilizer four huntig purposes, is it good for the money and what advantages does it have over other stabilizers. If this isnt a very good one what is.
thanks
Old 03-12-2004, 06:45 PM

Default RE: Doinker stabilizers

Doinker makes a one of the better stabilizers, If you decide on this brand I have a New In Package 2004 Doinker Sorbaflex FS5X model 5" 8oz Realtree All Purpose Grey (mathews camo) that I will sell for $40 Plus actual shipping. you can check this stabilizer out on the doinker website.
Thanks
BD
Old 03-12-2004, 07:23 PM
pup

i GIVE DOIKER A BIIIIIIIG THUMBS UP
Old 03-14-2004, 09:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a doinker on my bow right now, and am very pleased with it. I have heard very good things about the Stealth stabalizer though. You might want to check them out.
Old 03-15-2004, 12:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am very impressed with the Stealth Stabilizer, however finding the 'correct' weight/length will vary with different bows and the shooters' comfort.
If you're interested in looking at the Stealth you can learn more by contacting http://stealtharchery.com/ Jerry Sanford. a.k.a (Stealthman) on this forum.
Old 03-16-2004, 05:09 AM

My vote also goes to the Doinker. Actually, I use a Sims Enhancer module topped with a 4" Doinker. It does a noticably better job in on my '03 Ultratec than my 6" Steath does. The Stealth now sits in the drawer. I've noticed that A LOT of the guys who like the Stealths are shooting Bowtechs, so it is possible that for whatever reason the Stealths do a better job on Bowtech bows. To answer the original question, I don't think you can go wrong with a Doinker. It is simple, indestructable, does an excellent job at reducing noise, vibe, and recoil, and makes a great stabilizer for a hunting bow. If you know what size you need you can usually pick one up fairly cheap on Ebay.
Old 03-16-2004, 02:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Obviously it's a matter of preference and what one feels comfortable with.
I am actually using the Stealth on a few Champion bows, Scorpion, Mustang & Spitfire and also on a Q2---it's ironic, but my Doinker D2, 7" Hunter Stabilizer now sits in my spare kit.
I'm really impressed with the Stealth, but as you can see by Olink's post, we all differ on some issues and really is a matter of bow/shooter combination that will decide what's best for that person.
They are alot of choices out there, I've tried quite a few, most of them do work very well, the Sims accessories made a vast improvement IMO--but like I've said---it's what works best for you.