Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

SUMMIT STANDS

Old 03-07-2004, 09:57 AM
Spike

Default SUMMIT STANDS

Has anyone seen the new Summit stands for 2004 ? I just got a new catalog from them . I have my eye on the new Cobra but i'm not sure if i like that climbing bar. It folds back so it's out of the way so maybe it won't be so bad. And the new RapidClimb Stirrups, are these safe ? Hope to hear your thoughts on this treestand. Thanks !
Old 03-07-2004, 12:40 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: SUMMIT STANDS

I saw them at a deer classic. Although I favor Lone Wolf, the concept of the bar on the new Summit Cobra is a good idea. By swinging it above your head, you can still have the open front if so desired.

The climbing stirrups should work fine too. This past season, I never used my add on climbing straps on my Lone Wolf, I climbed the "Lone Wolf" way, with my feet under the braces. The Summit stirrups should work the same way.
Old 03-10-2004, 06:30 AM

i'm still waiting on my 2004 catalog , i want to check out these stirrups everyone's talking about , did they update their website yet?
Old 03-11-2004, 09:59 AM
Boone & Crockett

http://www.summitstands.com/NR/rdonl...7C5/0/2004.pdf

They have a link on their website to the 2004 Product catalog in PDF format. You need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view it.
Old 03-12-2004, 03:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

The new stands are very nice. The stirrups will work great and are a major improvement over the straps and bungee cord! The have a few subtle features that help improve the stands and make them even more user friendly.
Old 03-12-2004, 04:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Looks like either another Headhunter Lite X4 or Copperhead X4 is in my future. And I'll take a set of Bucksteps on the side please.
Old 03-12-2004, 06:48 AM

I've been using Summits for the last 6years,IMHO,they are,without a doubt,the best climbing stands out there.I saw the new design at the Harrisburg,PA. show.The Rapid-Climbers are a good improvement,but the newly designed "top section"(where you sit) is sweet.Now,check this out-My Viper broke a weld behind the seat where it comes to a "V",and I had it welded again.I figured it was my problem.Well,it broke the first I used it.So I called Summit and talked to Ken,and he told me that in April to call him back.Ken @ Summit wants my old Viper back so they can see what went wrong with the weld,and they are sending me a new style Viper top section with the Rapid-Climbers.Ken told me that if they feel it's a fault of thiers,they will replace at no charge,and if not,I'd just pay the difference.I have no problem with that.So,I'll let you guys know how it turns out...Bob
Old 03-12-2004, 07:23 AM

I have been using summit stands for the last 7 years and it looks like I will be needing a new one this year. I really like the new rapid climbers. That was my only complaint of my stand. Leave to summit to make the perfect stand!!!
Old 03-12-2004, 12:41 PM

PABOWHUNTER, thanks for the link!!
They have a link on their website to the 2004 Product catalog in PDF format. You need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view it.
Old 03-12-2004, 06:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

And for you guys that have pre-2004 stands you can get the stirrups to change over your stand. The cost is about $20.

Quick Reply: SUMMIT STANDS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.