Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Matthews, Hoyt, PSE -- What to buy? >

Matthews, Hoyt, PSE -- What to buy?

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Matthews, Hoyt, PSE -- What to buy?

Old 03-18-2004, 06:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Matthews, Hoyt, PSE -- What to buy?

Buy the mathews if you like it, then you won't ever have to look at anyone else's bow with a touch of "I wish I would have bought..."
Old 03-18-2004, 11:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

I sold my old PSE ThunderBolt & bought a Hoyt XTec. I shot Darton, Mathews, AR & Parker. I picked the Hoyt XTec.
Old 03-19-2004, 08:21 PM

Might as well stay with PSE. I just shot at the Indoor Worlds in Cleveland this morning and there were a few guys shooting the new 2004 team primos with the NRG cam. Talk about the quietest bow I have never heard. It didn't make a noise. All you would here is the string cutting through the air. I couldn't believe it. No limbsavers...just the NV system and a 30" carbon stix stabilizer. Plus, you just have to hold it. It is one tightly put together bow. The tolerances are incredible. Seriously...if you're liking your current PSE why change companies? However, if you want to change I must highly suggest you check out Concept archer: Concept's Website : I have to tell you...there were a lot of shooters interested in my bow today. I shoot a concept 99 and even the mathews boys were commenting on how nice of a bow it was
Old 03-21-2004, 09:06 PM

Howdy,

Read my "Bowtech is getting old" thread in the bowhunting forum, it will answer some questions regarding this "sitiation"

Cheers...
Old 03-22-2004, 11:29 AM

If you want to get into tournaments there is a few things to remember. Speed is nice but no substitute for accuracy. i have a Hoyt protec 47 inch axle to axle length (Long) it has a reflex riser (long brace height). With this, when i go to IBO shots I will shot about 286FPS. Any bow can get up there in speed. i would go for about 38inch axel to axel length and a reflex riser.
Old 03-26-2004, 09:25 PM

I have heard great things about the PSE Venom, Scorpion and the Primos. Also, the Archery Research AR31 made by PSE I have heard good things about. Good luck. Again shoot lots of bows and shoot what is most comfortable.
Old 03-27-2004, 06:51 PM

It seems that the 3 bow brands you listed are more high end, if you are looking to spend the money i would look into an AR 34 by Archery Research. I switched from a PSE after shooting one at a pro shop near my home. Bow selection being a personal preferance i would not say to go out and buy one, but they are definatly worth looking into.
Old 03-28-2004, 04:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

I test shot several bows from many different manufacturers and chose the HOYT XTEC. The new "X" and "Viper" are awesome shooting bows. I also liked the Mathews Outback.
Old 03-28-2004, 05:33 PM
PLB

I agree with IL-Cornfed. I also bought an Xtec. I shot the Mathew's and thought the Outback preformed well, but I personally don't care much for the short ATA bows.
Old 03-28-2004, 09:00 PM

I GUESS I NEED TO MAKE MY 2 SENSE KNOWN. I RECENTLY WAS IN THE MARKET FOR A NEW BOW. I KNEW WHAT MY DRAW LENGTH WOULD BE SO I SHOT A FEW BOWS AT THE PRO SHOP. I SHOT THE BOWTECH EXTREME VFT, THE PSE PRIMOS, AND A HOYT NOT SURE WHAT MODEL. I LOVED THE FEEL OF THE BOWTECH, BUT I JUST COULDN'T STAND PAYING THAT MUCH FOR A BOW. PLUS THE WIFE WOULD'VE KILLED ME. SO WHAT I DID IS STARTED LOOKING ON E-BAY AND I FOUND A USED 2003 BOWTECH EXTREME SOLO. I LOVE IT AND THE GUY I BOUGHT IT FROM WAS REAL HELPFUL, NOT TO MENTION I GOT IT AT A FRACTION OF THE NEW PRICE.

IF YOU'RE IN THE MARKET FOR ANYTHING FOR BOWHUNTING I SUGGEST LOOKING ON E-BAY FIRST. JUST BE CAREFUL CAUSE YOU NEVER KNOW WHEN YOU MIGHT GET SHAFTED. GOOD LUCK

Quick Reply: Matthews, Hoyt, PSE -- What to buy?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.