Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Bow cases

Old 03-04-2004, 07:11 AM

Default Bow cases

I own a mathews legacy and just bought a mathews outback. I own a regular skb case and a compact skb case and I am dissapointed in the fit of both cases for the legacy and was wondeing what everyone else is using for their parallel limb design bows. Thanks in advance. After going to page two I found another post that will help. Thanks again.
Old 03-04-2004, 08:12 AM

Default RE: Bow cases

I'm still waiting for my outback to arrive. How do you like yours so far? Have you done much shooting with it yet?
Old 03-04-2004, 08:52 AM

I took my SKB single and did a little trimming to accomidate my Outback !
The limb bolts fit perfectly into the two notched out areas in the foam where the handle is fastened on the inside ! I put my bow in string first to the back and slid my front into the front slots mentioned above ! I took a marker and marked where the string suppressors and string where hitting into the foam........then I took a brand new utility knife and notched out exactly where my SS where making sure to leave some foam above the top one. Then I cut out the foam from just above my string line.....and pulled out the entire length of foam from the bottom ss to the top ss !

I was very happy to find out that SKB covers the entire bottom and sides of their cases with the black felt/carpet .......so behind where my string is ....it is still soft material !

Now I just slide my bow in string first under the foam slot and drop it in and it works fine !! Hope that helps .....maybe not ! But that how I got around it !!
Old 03-04-2004, 10:08 AM

Codyinpa I have not picked mine up yet they did not have one in 27 in. draw hopefully I can pick it up after work on Fri. I did spend a lot of time shooting it and the bowtech liberty and the hoyt xtec side by side and all three bows are nice bows but the outback just felt better in the hand can't wait to pick it up and shoot more.
Old 03-04-2004, 10:12 AM

I shot the bowtechs also. It is harder to pick a bow than it used to be. But the Outback really impressed me. Very very accurate for a short bow. I needed a 28 inch and it should be in any day. Almost feels like I'm a kid again and it christmas time.
Old 03-06-2004, 11:13 AM

Brownell has a new one i saw in a Ad.
Anyone seen this case.
Old 03-07-2004, 08:24 AM
Typical Buck

I opted for the soft bow case made by SKB. My legacy fit in it just fine until I traded it for an Outback. The Outback fits just fine too. Lots of padding and it is easy to handle. I looked at the big plastic Plano case but it was so..so..so ugly I could bring myself to get it. Hope this helps.

Here's a link to Bass Pro Shops. They sell a camo or brown version.

http://www.basspro-shops.com/servlet...=SearchResults