Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

the answer release

Old 02-24-2004, 07:39 PM

Default the answer release

has anyone tried this release to work on there target panic?i seen a earlier post but cant locate it,someone said it sold for around 85.00
Old 02-25-2004, 06:22 AM

Default RE: the answer release

I have one that I don't use. I am looking to sell it if you are interested.

Dave
Old 02-28-2004, 05:26 AM
Spike

I have one and it works as advertised. It takes some getting used to but it continues to help me. I only use it when I start feeling target panic creeping in.
Old 02-28-2004, 09:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've had Ansewers BUT unfortunately they are not the quality they need to be. I really did like the release and it's punch proof design but I began having all kinds of problems. The set screw kept backing out and eventually the trigger and the jaws both began to stick and become inconsistent. I would not recommend this release to anyone because of the several problems I, as well as other shooters, have experienced with it. For the record, the TRU BALL Short-N-Sweet stands as the best shooting release I've experienced.
Old 03-01-2004, 08:25 AM

The Answer will help with punching the trigger BUT I did honestly have problems with the set screws working loose and causing my release to go off at unexpected times. I tried some fletching glue & after a while I had the same problem again. I got to the point I didn't feel safe with that release because of those problems. Nothing against GKF but I am not the only person to expereince this problem and they should work on a solution to correct it in my honest opinion.

For hunting I use 2 releases, my 20 year old Scott caliper and my Scott Mongoose. For 3-D and to help keep me crisp I use my Tru Ball King George Extreme which is both thumb & pinky activated. I found that the pinky trigger worked a 100 times better for me than the Answer did. The pinky trigger is totalaly unexpected and yields a high level of surprise!
Old 03-06-2004, 11:23 AM

I have the Answer and Love it,I really want another!
It works well and makes you squeeze and think about the shot.

I called GKF and they told me they have a huge backorder on this release and are currently redesigning it to make it even better.
The Tech also said, to buy any answer on the market ,they are really hard to find.
I am looking on the Classifieds on Archery Dealer.com
Old 03-07-2004, 01:49 AM

I had one from their first year of manufacture, and it wouldn't shoot after relatively light use. The linkage that jams when you go too fast with the trigger pull just wouldn't shift into the release position.

I didn't actualy have a punching problem, but I figured why not get this great new release anyway, what can it hurt. It's really horible though. It has a very long trigger pull, compared to a decent release. And i didn't like either the wrist strap, or the webbing connect, or the curved trigger.

The way to solve a punching problem if you had it would be by shooting with back tension, which you can do with a wrist caliper release, like a scot, or a Truball Accutouch. The accutouch is the best release of this type, and uses a loaded trigger action. The new price brings it in at under 80, and I highly recomend it. Scott calipers are all over the place for 20-30 since the design is "old". I still think it is one of the best shooting releases around, and I don't drop any points relative to a T-handle backtension release when shooting one.

You can't realisticaly shoot an answer with back tension, because of the long trigger pull. It actualy makes a proper release harder to make than any release I have tried, And I've bought a ton of them. It will make your TP worse. However it does stop you from punching the trigger, it simply can't be fired that way. It can't be fired properly either.

My comments refer to the early model, don't know anything about what it's like now.
Old 03-07-2004, 01:56 AM

I checked their web page to see just what the current Answer looks like. Apart from the fact that when I clicked on the thumbnail, a photo of one of their rests came up, it does look like the same old Answer. 150 bucks is ludicrous. If you really want to learn how to shoot, get a Stan. CNC and an ACCUtouch, and pocket the change.

I'm by no means anti GKF, they make great products, I have used a ton of their rests, and some other gear. This one just happens to be a stinker.
Old 03-08-2004, 04:52 AM

guy i went to a stanlowski 4 finger back tension release a friend of mind taught me to use--a little awkward at first but after awhile i really was pleased with the results.it sure has helped me overcome my bout with target panic
Old 03-23-2004, 09:28 PM

I have the Answer and it has been the only thing to work for my target panic. When mine started getting tight and not operating well back in the fall, I just removed the little window on it and put a couple drops of gun oil in it. Still works great and I shoot it almost daily.