Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 treestand verses ground blind >

treestand verses ground blind

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

treestand verses ground blind

Old 02-13-2004, 08:15 PM

Default treestand verses ground blind

ok treestand verses ground blind . i hunt big timbers mixed with pine plantation
which do yall prefer
Old 02-14-2004, 05:57 AM

Default RE: treestand verses ground blind

My first choice is to be 17 feet up...but I'm getting into the challenge of being on the ground with my bow. Purchased an Ameristep Brickhouse last Fall. Great blind.
Old 02-14-2004, 10:13 AM

I tend to move too much when I'm on the ground, I get antsy and leave earlier than I would if I were in a tree.

For your set up, I use a ground blind in the thick, small pine and a climber in the big pine. Atleast that is what I plan on doing this year
Old 02-14-2004, 05:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Been on the ground for three years now wouldnt
go back to a tree for anything,love it![8D]
Old 02-14-2004, 10:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

I like both ,they both have thier purposes and everywhere you hunt there will be a spot for both ,But up in a tree definetly does give you a better view of your surrounding's .

nubo
Old 02-15-2004, 10:44 AM
Typical Buck

I'm of the little older generation, you know, the average guy, over 42, blah, blah, blah. Anyway, I've gone to either ladder stands, and just bought a Double Bull blind so plan on trying both.

I'm thinking the ground blind in the apple orchard equals venison.
Old 02-15-2004, 10:49 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-15-2004, 01:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

i would be in a stand whenever possible. it is alot easier for them to detect movement when u r on the ground versus bein in a tree. a pine also provides a lot of cover when up in a stand
Old 02-15-2004, 06:21 PM

thanks for the help. I hunt mostly in east texas with a mix of big woods and pine plantations. I have decided to get a new climber since i will be hunting on the move and have several creeks to hunt. I also went to the proshop and asked them thier thoughts. They all had the same opinion treestands. said deer in east were to skidish for ground. so i did some research and it looks like summit viper is the way to go and cabelas had them on sale so got one on order will let you know how it goes . Again thanks for all the help!!!!!
Old 02-15-2004, 07:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

since my total hip replacement a couple of years ago I am strictly a ground blind hunter however before I gave up hunting in the tree tops I used the summit viper which is an awesome climber but I think they have even better ones out now.
the last 2 years that I have been hunting from a blind I have had great success by bagging a 120 class 8 pointer that dressed out at 183 lb and a 114 class this past season which dresses at 169 lbs 4 does and bagged my limit of turkeys from it last year and the year before and all of this was on public land.
so I would say hunting from a blind aint too bad and a little bit more comfortable.

Quick Reply: treestand verses ground blind

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.