Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

bowtech blacknight

Old 01-12-2004, 12:12 AM
pup

Default bowtech blacknight

hi. i am actually posting this for my neighbor she wants to get a new 3d bow and is looking at the black knight last years model(none of this years stuff will go short enough on draw length) anyways her question is she shoots a 25 in draw and she would get it with the long brace heigh but she is worried about forgiveness. so how do you guys like your blk knights? pros and cons on them
Old 01-12-2004, 05:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: bowtech blacknight

Pup,

The 2004 Black Knight will go down to a 25" draw. If she's looking for a performance singlecam the Extreme VFT and Pat SC both also go down to 25".

That said, with her short draw the 5.75" brace should not be too much of a problem regardless of whether it's the 2003 or the 2004 model.

The 2004 will draw a bit smoother and will be more comfy to shoot due to the new riser & cams.

I do know that BowTech has one young lady amateur shooter who has really been shooting awesome in her 3D class w/ the BK low brace for the past year as well as shooting some great indoor rounds. Pat (BowTech shooter) knows her, unfortunately I cannot remember her name. I'll zip him an email and see if he can post some more info.

The only cons are the harder draw force curves & the low brace if you have a long draw length. If one can handle that, or have a short draw then I see no real cons as a 3D bow. They shoot much better than the brace heights would indicate, IME.
Old 01-12-2004, 09:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: bowtech blacknight

Pup.

Tell her to just go and get one.

Just as JeffB said with her draw lenght the brace is a non concern.

The Black Knight is a very shootable bow my 3d partner has one and he has a 29" draw and his scores went from a 275 average to a 305 average.