Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Gator XP v. Snyper

Old 01-10-2004, 02:53 PM

Default Gator XP v. Snyper

Does anyone have experience with both of these broadheads? How do they compare? At 280fps(shooting 27" gold tips) would you expect exit wounds on a broadside mule deer if ribs were hit? How much penetration am I giving up by going from the snyper to the gator xp? In your opinion, is it worth the change for deer size game? Please advise.
Old 01-10-2004, 07:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Gator XP v. Snyper

I have killed deer with both heads, and I like them both a great deal. My personal preferance is the Gator XP, mostly for the larger cut. The snypers however make a larger entrance wound. The Gators are a little more "user friendly" in my opinion as well. To be honest though I don't think most hunters will see much differnce between the two heads on game, espeicaly if they are shooting medium to heavy gear.
Old 01-12-2004, 07:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can't offer any experience with the Snypers but I bought the Gator XP's and tried them out this year and am extremely imnpressed with them. I have killed 3 deer with them and all dropped within sight. On the 1st one I killed, I sliced right through the 2nd & 3rd rib, still got a complete pass through and buried 8-10" deep in the ground. Blood trails are not a problem. The only complaint I guess I have with them is it is a pain to replace the blades in them. Other than that, I am extremely pleased. Keep in mind though that I shoot over 70# of kinetic energy so penetration is not a problem.
Old 01-16-2004, 12:28 PM

Snypers My buddy has had alot of sucess with these.
Old 02-04-2004, 10:32 AM

I killed three deer this year with the snyper ,this is one awesome head.
Old 02-09-2004, 11:22 AM

I purchased the gator xp's this year for bow. wow talk about leaving a blood trail. and pretty accurate too. havent used the snyper but i've heard its a good boradhead also. goodluck!!
Old 02-09-2004, 11:58 AM

I have killed deer with both(well actually a regular Gator) ......and like 5shot.....I kind of prefer the Gators !
Old 02-09-2004, 12:32 PM

For mule deer I woudl go for the snyper which in my opinion will penetrate deeper & it will also give you a better entrance wound.

The gator xp is great and works great on turkeys, whitetails, and pronghorns but when you start getting into larger deer I like the snyper which requires less energy.