Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Need some quick info!

Old 11-28-2003, 04:31 PM

Default Need some quick info!

I am going to buy a Impact archery cosmic inpact or the collector sight off e-bay. I can see a problem with the cosmic if you try to change yardage with a deer coming in but would like to try the one vertical pin. Could someone tell me a couple of things about these sights. Is the cosmic heavy(say compared to the Spott-Hogg real deal)-is it easy to move and lock down-is the collector as bright as the cosmic and will I have any troble mounting the bracket for my Alpine 5 arrow quiver on either sight. I would really appricate any help. Don
Old 11-30-2003, 04:47 PM

Default RE: Need some quick info!

Ok, I thought there were a bunch of Impact shooters on here. How about if I say" PLEASE" . Don
Old 12-02-2003, 06:41 PM

Default RE: Need some quick info!

I just returned a Cosmic Trio to Cabelas and picked up a Cosmic sight. I can't imagine the weight would be an issue, I do know that I use a Kwikee Quiver and you can't use it with the Cosmic. I loved the brightness of the Trio sight, it really was quite impressive, I was hunting during the full moon with snow on the ground I think I could've saw my sights all night long, but you can't get enough seperation in the pins. I usually like 15 yard increments on my pins, the trio only allowed me 5 yards. When I shot a doe in early Nov having all those pins that close to look through was quite irritating.

For most bowhunting situations I wouldn't move the sight but I could see were it may be nice if you were shooting longer ranges while on foot. But for my treestand hunting it's not needed IMO.