Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Advice PLZ READ

Old 11-24-2003, 03:49 PM

Default Advice PLZ READ

Ok, here is the deal. I work on the river boat, I make all kinds of money. I have the money to spend on a 500 or 600 bow, BUT I sure as hell ain' t gonna. Thats rediculas IMO. I have a Grizzly II. No one has heard of it, I can' t find anything about it on the net or even on the grizzly website. So it must be old. It looks like your normal compound bow though nothing wrong. Since its so old and when I bought it I never had it tuned I am wondering if that is my prob, see its all over the place when I shoot at 20yards, 25 and 30. It hits mostly low. I know I may be answering my own question here but could it be that I need a new bow? Or jsut get this on tuned. I found a bow for 200 bucks that I would like to get but I would rather spend 25 bucks for this guy that I know to tune it for me. If its cause its old then I will get a new one. What do you guys recommend?
Old 11-24-2003, 08:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Advice PLZ READ

I' m familar with that bow....I' m guessing its 20 to 25 years old. I' ve shot that model and seveal similar Bear versions. I' d buy a new bow and turn that one into a bowfishing rig. Any of the newer bows are much more effiecent and powerful. Just my 2 cents!

Good Luck!
Old 11-25-2003, 07:34 AM

i' m not familar with that bow however it shouldn' t cost 25 bucks to tune a bow maybe in the neighborhood of 5 to 10 ,but if the bow is 25 years old you should seriously consider a new one! good luck!
Old 11-25-2003, 10:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Time for a new bow!Invest in a good bow that fits YOU and you won' t be sorry in my opinion.
Old 11-26-2003, 12:13 AM

Think of it this way ,in the woods your bow is the only thing that is going to get you want you want and if the bow you have isn' t getting you what you want then maybe it is time to hang it up and get a bgow that will better serve you in the woods as well as at the range.
Old 11-26-2003, 05:44 AM
Boone & Crockett

From a practical perspective there is nothing wrong with using an older compound bow design however, I would be worried about the condition of the bow' s components after 20-25 years. There may be wear and tear or signs of stress not easily noticed and which could be a potential safety concern.

Your best bet would be to upgrade to a new model...though I would probably opt for one of the more inexpensive designs initially...something like the PSE Nova, Jennings CMX, etc...