Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Bow Advice Plz read and help >

Bow Advice Plz read and help

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Bow Advice Plz read and help

Old 11-23-2003, 12:15 AM

Default Bow Advice Plz read and help

I still love my 7mm but I like the challenge of the bow hunting. I figure if I am going to get serious then I need a good bow. I have been looking but don' t really know what to do. I have a few things first. I would like to have one with 70 and above draw weight ( i like the arrow to be like a rifle when it hits, speed kills lol), I dont' want a small one, I have seen some that from axle to axle look like a junior bow, I found a browning for 195 and the only thing was it was too short, I think it was a junior. I would like to get one used cause it will already have the accessoires put on, my price range is from 0-250 bucks. Think you guys can help me out? Thanks. I dont' care what name brand, just as long as its a good bow and gets the job done.
Old 11-23-2003, 12:42 AM

Default RE: Bow Advice Plz read and help

I found this, is this a good deal? I dont' know much about bows.........as you all know

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=20838
Old 11-23-2003, 05:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

That looks like an older Hoyt Magnetec. One possible negative on that particular bow is that it has a built-in overdraw. An overdraw allows you to shoot a shorter than normal arrow, but they can be critical of good form to shoot well. It is not usually suggested for a beginner to start off shooting a bow with an overdraw. The other thing is that it looks to me to be a Redline cam. Those cams are not really draw-length adjustable like some other bows. If it is a 30" draw Redline, it could only be adjusted between 29.5 and 30.5" , and that might not match your draw length. Before you get a bow like that, It would be a good idea to go to an archery shop, and have your draw length measured, and see what kind of draw weight you can actually handle. I am as much in favor of " Do it Yourself" as just about anyone on this forum, and I do buy bows from ebay frequently, but I have been shooting for many years, and I have learned from many mistakes.
Old 11-24-2003, 06:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would like to have one with 70 and above draw weight ( i like the arrow to be like a rifle when it hits, speed kills lol), I dont' want a small one, I have seen some that from axle to axle look like a junior bow
If speed is what you' re looking for check out a Blacknight 2 by Bowtech. It' s out of your price range though. [:' (]

Keep in mind that many of the new bows are going to be short. Shorter bows tend to be faster but less forgiving. Longer bows would be the opposite.
Old 11-26-2003, 12:21 AM

Look around and find something you like.There are alot of people out there that simply don' t shoot anymore but will sell a bow for cheap money.