Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Your thoughts on Matthews vs. Parker bows >

Your thoughts on Matthews vs. Parker bows

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Your thoughts on Matthews vs. Parker bows

Old 12-02-2003, 04:37 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Your thoughts on Matthews vs. Parker bows

If you're looking at a Parker.. just buy a 3yr old Matthews and you'll have the same bow.. and prolly save some $$$ at the same time.

But in all seriousness.. I've heard of several people being extremely happy w/ their Parker bows... almost as many as Mathews owners.
Old 12-02-2003, 05:42 PM

I myself shoot a Mathews and I wouldn't trade it for the world. But thats just because it feels right in my hand. Just go and try out different bows. Not every company makes a bow for everyone. Its just a matter of feeling right. Another sweet bow I shot a few weeks ago was a Diamond. Very quiet, light and fast. Look into different kinds and shoot them.
Old 12-02-2003, 06:20 PM

I love my Parker Hunter Mag and finally shot a doe with it in early November. This is my second season with it and shoot quite abit of 3D with it also. It holds it own.

I've never shot a Matthews and don't quite have the money to pay a lawyer for my Divorce if I spent that much money on a bow. I'd love to try one but for what you can save on a Parker, and then buy a new sight, rest, arrows for the same amount as a Matthews just doesn't quite make sense to me. Same reason I just bought a Knight Wolverine muzzleloader for 199 instead of spending 399 on an Omega. Saved lot's of money and it will work for what I need it for. But if you have the money what the heck, go for what ever feels good.
Old 12-02-2003, 07:43 PM

I would not trade my Mathews LX for anything, not even a parker, Mathews has the Zebra String, and I have not seen a string better than it! It has the liftime warranty, and has some of the greatest technology yet, no other bow company has even come close to it yet, they all try and do the same but it will never be the same as a genuine Mathews! They are quite, and the new LX is very fast, and forgiving for the Brace Height! All those new bows to choose from, but just remember there is only one mathews!
Old 12-04-2003, 08:05 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-04-2003, 03:11 PM

Jeff K,
I agree with Navy, not about you being high, but about the strings. The Zebras are OK, but I bought a custom string, Geroge Bowman to be exact, and the difference is noticible. My bow is not only faster, but quieter to boot. They cost a little more, but I will never have a bow without one again. Try a Bowman or Winners Choice and see what you think.

JMAC
Old 12-04-2003, 04:17 PM

Well when I need a new string I will get an after market one, but I have not had any troubles with the string or the bow, even thought I got it april, I have put about 5,000 shots through it, and it is fine! So when I need it I will get a better one!
Old 12-06-2003, 01:13 PM

Hey y'all,
Recently bought a Parker ultralite 35...fast, light, and forgiving...10 shot avg. of 278fps (w/ Easton carbonaeros 340s and 100gr fp @ 31"&70#draw), and at 3.5# with the quiver attached, it can't be beat for weight.
Seriously though, try both and see which does it for you...
will