Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

GKF Shoot-Out Rest

Old 10-24-2003, 08:34 AM

Default GKF Shoot-Out Rest

Hey there, I received my Shoot-Out rest today and immediately went to the range to try it out. I have to say I think this a great containment rest.

I shot it side loading first and made two adjustments, elevation and windage and was shooting bullet holes and great groups out to 40 yards. I then switched it over to top loading and made slight windage and elevation adjustments and was once again shooting bullet holes. For whatever reason my groups were better with it set up as a side loader but it worked great both ways. I shoot with a release. I like this rest a lot better than any whisker biscuit I have used because of the lack of fletching contact with this rest. The biscuit just seemed to really tear up my vanes not to mention slowing my arrow down.

The packaging was nice and the bag with allen keys and moleskin and extras was a great touch that shows the rest is from a great top of the line company. I am hesitant to use the rest with crested arrows because the crestings really seem to drag but it was smooth, quiet and accurate with my non crested Goldtips and CX arrows. I cannot think of anything bad about this rest although some alignment marks for vertical and horizontal adjustments would be nice, but probably more expensive.

Brian
Old 10-24-2003, 04:46 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: GKF Shoot-Out Rest

Sounds good Brian, I also recieved mine today and plan on installing it tonight. I will get to the range and try it out tommorow. Just from looking at it -Me likey...I think its gonna work out great.
Old 10-26-2003, 05:09 PM

Default RE: GKF Shoot-Out Rest

What' s the dilly yo?! I still haven' t recieved mine yet. I wanna get this thing going now. It will be my first ever containment rest and I wanna see if I' m really gaining anything with the fall away. I mean, if my hunting distance accuracy is the same the contaiment has countless advantages to a fall away in that regard. I can' t wait.