Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Muzzy Broadhead reviews

Old 07-13-2016, 06:11 AM
Fork Horn

Default Muzzy Broadhead reviews

Thinking about switching to Muzzy broadheads this coming up season. What's every ones view on the performance and damage a Muzzy broadhead can do?
Old 07-13-2016, 06:34 AM
Typical Buck

I have used muzzy heads for as long as I can remember always happy very strong great blades goes thru bone well highly reuseable also clean put in new blades and go used one head on a bear, caribou and a number of whitetails still have it and its simple !!! I have always used 4 blades always been good to me ! H H
Old 07-17-2016, 04:05 PM
Boone & Crockett

The newer Muzzys look better than the older style. Like Hatfield I used 4 blade muzzys for a long time until I had a bad issue with them. I switched to the 3 blade design. And for my light weight bow I use the Muzzy Phantom - a cut on contact head.
But now I currently use Slick Trick Viper Trick broadheads. IMO they are stronger and fly truer than Muzzys.
For some reason, no matter how well my bow was tuned I always had to adjust my sights when I switched from field tips to Muzzys. Not so with the Slick Tricks. Both my FTs and the STs hit the same POI out to 50 yards.
Old 07-18-2016, 07:44 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by bronko22000
The newer Muzzys look better than the older style. Like Hatfield I used 4 blade muzzys for a long time until I had a bad issue with them. I switched to the 3 blade design. And for my light weight bow I use the Muzzy Phantom - a cut on contact head.
But now I currently use Slick Trick Viper Trick broadheads. IMO they are stronger and fly truer than Muzzys.
For some reason, no matter how well my bow was tuned I always had to adjust my sights when I switched from field tips to Muzzys. Not so with the Slick Tricks. Both my FTs and the STs hit the same POI out to 50 yards.
Are these Slick Trick heads mechanical or fixed?
Old 07-18-2016, 09:31 AM
Super Moderator

Slick Tricks are fixed. Same basic design like a muzzy. Think the manufacturing process might be a bit better with the tricks.
Old 07-18-2016, 11:43 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by kellyguinn
Slick Tricks are fixed. Same basic design like a muzzy. Think the manufacturing process might be a bit better with the tricks.
Considering price, performance & damage, which head would you use?
Old 07-18-2016, 12:38 PM
Super Moderator

I like them both to be honest. I arrowed my first buck with a muzzy 3 blade. I do feel the slick trick is more consistent on weight distribution though. If you will be practicing with broadheads then save money and go with the muzzys. On the other hand if you will be mainly practicing with field points than the Slick tricks are better in my opinion. The Slick Tricks also seemed sharper straight out of the package.

That being said I a have been giving the expendables a chance the last few years. I've shot several with the rage 2 blade and haven't lost one yet. The only problem is the head is toast after each deer I've hit. Tried Grim reapers and had great success with them as well but the replacement blades are hard to find where I live. Last year I shot Xecutioners and took one buck and he only ran 60 yards but it uses orings and I really don't like that. I have also tried NAP killzones. the one doe I shot I never found. Might have been a little high but did get a complete passthru.
Old 07-19-2016, 06:59 AM
Fork Horn

I think I'm going to give the Muzzy heads a try. Just not too sure if I want to go with the 3 blade or 4 blade head. Thanks for the input, KG!
Old 07-26-2016, 09:55 AM
Fork Horn

I have used the Muzzy 4 blade 100 grain head for many years with great success. Recently tuned my bow up, upgraded arrows, but stayed with the same Muzzy's. Completed a full walk back tune and they fly right with my field tips. The real advantage of the Muzzy for me was that you receive practice blades with the pack. Therefore, I practice with the heads, change the tip + hunting blades and I am good. Don't even have to unscrew the head from the arrow.
Old 07-26-2016, 11:53 AM
Typical Buck

last three bucks I shot with an arrow and 4 blade muzzy distance to death buck a--40 yards--buck b 45 yards -- buck c 15 yards nough said !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.