Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Opinion on rests.

Old 08-13-2015, 03:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Personal preference

Depends on what you need to hold your arrow on the bow.
Some years ago I used a "prong" style. It took some concentration to keep the arrow attached to the bow.
Fall aways were developed to better keep an arrow attached to the bow, better for newbies and infrequent users.

Whisker Biscuit was developed more for newbies. Has some disadvantage for more frequent users.

Presently I have an older fall away. It has less "capture" of the arrow than others. Works for me. And I notice its one of the cheaper fall aways.
Old 08-13-2015, 10:12 AM
Boone & Crockett

now that we've given you our opinions, what rest did you decide on?
Old 08-24-2015, 03:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default They work good

As long as theyre not too expensive.
Old 08-24-2015, 07:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Of all the rests that I've tried, the QAD Ultra rest is the best I've seen. Not only is it a full capture drop away, but it also drops completely away without bouncing back up and you can adjust the point which it quits supporting the arrow and drops away.
Old 08-29-2015, 04:11 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by JohnnyHildo
i guess... but the advantage of a drop away is enough that i'd probably just change to a different brand instead of downgrading.
just my opinion though
I agree totally. I thought I shot well until I installed a NAP Apache. My groups tightened immediately and my personal effective range also increased.