Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Broadhead Flight

Old 09-17-2003, 11:11 PM

Default Broadhead Flight

I need some helping in trying to figure out why my thunderheads 100 are hitting 3-4 inches to the right. I alternate shooting broadheads with field points and the field points are hitting dead on. I took my bow to the proshop and they said everything was still tuned. I spun tested my arrows and they seem to spin true. Does anyone have any advice, I am starting to get nervous with just 10 days to opening day. Thanks

Old 09-18-2003, 06:53 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Broadhead Flight

Fixed Broadheads are going to tend to plane a little... If you are going to shoot a fixed head like that you are going to have to sight in your bow for those heads... Or you have a happy medium...
Old 09-18-2003, 07:36 AM

I took my bow to the proshop and they said everything was still tuned
How did he know the bow was " still tuned" . And tuned for what??

This is the crap that comes out of pro-shop mouths that forced me years ago to learn how to do " everything" myself. It amazes me[:' (]

A bow perfectly tuned for field point flight could very well not be in " perfect" tune for fixed heads.

You need to fine tune the bow for best broadhead groups. Sometimes they will hit the same as field points but sometimes they won' t.

If you want them to hit the same point try moving your rest to the left a tad.

or put the fp' s away - grab atleast 3 bh tipped arrows and tune the bow for groups and flight.

or it could be all in hand torque and poor shooting form.

Good Luck
Old 09-18-2003, 09:13 PM

Thank You guys for the advice, Rack Attak that is what I am going through right now. I am at the rpo shops mercy right now, but I am learning alot from guys like yourself that share good info on this forum. I am reading and trying to do research on on tuning your bow, fletching arrows ,etc. Thanks again.