Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
Whisker Biscuit VS. Drop Away Rest? >

Whisker Biscuit VS. Drop Away Rest?

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Whisker Biscuit VS. Drop Away Rest?

Old 01-29-2013, 08:18 AM
Fork Horn

If you have a WB and it works, why spend $70-100 on a new rest? I've been using the same biscut for 10 years now. I lost a few vanes, but once I switched to blazers I haven't lost one in 4 years. And no, you don't have to replace them when the wiskers get worn/bent. keep shooting through it and it will keep getting better.
It's one piece of hunting equipment that I seemingly never have to even think about. It just always works.
Buy the wife a dozen roses, and yourself a pack of SlickTricks with the money you saved.
Old 02-14-2013, 10:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Never used a WB as I don't want anything in contact with the shaft and fletching the entire time the arrow is leaving the bow. When timed properly the drop away is only in contact while the arrow is stationary and at the moment the shot is initiated. Besides the rest dropping away, the arrow will bend over or around the rest depending on whether the archer uses a mechanical release or fingers.

I am shocked that WBs work as well as people claim. But, I believe the Las Vegas NFAA tourney several years ago was won by an archer with a WB. That being said, I recommend staying away from WBs as they go against all rational thinking regarding external influences on the physics of arrow flight.
Old 02-14-2013, 01:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

simple. drop aways are more forgiving because they don't stay in contact with the arrow the entire time when shot. so your grip does not have to be perfect to be accurate. now with that being said, any rest that does stay in contact with your arrow the entire time during the shot has the capability of being more accurate, so as long as your grip is really good. don't believe me, look what the pro's shoot in competition. most will be shooting some type of blade rest that stays in contact with the arrow during the entire shot.
Old 02-14-2013, 01:58 PM
Fork Horn

I've shot both rests and, hands down, a drop-away is the way to go. It improves your accuracy and I've never had any problems with mine as far as the arrow falling off.
Old 02-14-2013, 05:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot the QAD HD drop away and love it. It costs a bit more than the WB but well worth it. I've heard a too many stories where if you get rain/sleet while you in the stand and it freezes up then the whiskers freeze together and is basically useless. I'm sure in the south half of the country you wouldn't have that problem but if I'm hunting in freezing rain I want to make sure everything is functioning correct.
Old 02-21-2013, 05:29 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by rogerstv
I am shocked that WBs work as well as people claim. But, I believe the Las Vegas NFAA tourney several years ago was won by an archer with a WB. That being said, I recommend staying away from WBs as they go against all rational thinking regarding external influences on the physics of arrow flight.
I'm stumped by your rational to "recommend" that people not use a WB even though, yes, Vegas was won by a WB and that WB's win in many other smaller shoots. It's proven its self over and over on the range and in the field. So your interpretation of physics doesn't really apply here. Remember, the bumble bee isn't supposed to be able to fly, but it does.

As for freezing rain, snow etc. if it can freeze a WB it can certainly freeze a drop away. And a shot of sillicone spray 1-2 x per season ends all worries. Over 10 years of hunting in WI and MN with it, never a problem.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

QAD Ultra here. Wouldn't own a WB to save my life or anyone else. Too much to having to turn it every so often, tears up the fletching, so there is another expense or lost shot. In theory it is the same concept as shooting an arrow through a shop brooms bristles. I would go back to my old 2 prong hunter before using a WB.

Last edited by SecondChance; 02-24-2013 at 04:32 PM.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:37 AM
Fork Horn

Qad Ultra rest..................
Old 02-26-2013, 07:00 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by SecondChance
QAD Ultra here. Wouldn't own a WB to save my life or anyone else. Too much to having to turn it every so often, tears up the fletching, so there is another expense or lost shot. In theory it is the same concept as shooting an arrow through a shop brooms bristles. I would go back to my old 2 prong hunter before using a WB.
This quote simply shows the ignorance that some people have. Thousands and thousands of happy WB shooters, millions of "X"'s and dead critters, yet some simply refuse to believe that it can work. (this author wouldn't even use one to save his own life or that of another person. That's a very strong statement).
The earth is still flat to some people, and it always will be.

As you will note, I never once put down or said a drop away (or other type of rest) won't work. They do work and I've used some of them. I'm defending the WB for what it is. A simple, solid, effective, inexpensive, long-lasting and accurate rest. Funny how people attempt to bash that which they refuse to understand.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:08 AM
Fork Horn

I decided to give a wb a try a few years back, it
Does eat a feather occasionally, but you couldn't
Convince me to give it up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.