Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Lighted Nocks

Old 09-07-2012, 05:51 AM
Spike

Default Lighted Nocks

Morning all, I need a little input from the bow hunting world. The wife and I just started shooting ( Wife's ) Matthews Mission Craze. (Me) Hoyt Rampage XT. We are gonna do a little early season hunting and she wants lighted nocks. I just don't want to go by who has the best advertisement or what TV people push. I need to get some various input. We both are shooting Beman ICS hunters in 400 and 500. Thanks for the help.
Old 09-14-2012, 02:45 PM
Boone & Crockett

I tried luminocks and tracers and didn't care for them. IMO they were too heavy and changed the %FOC which actually caused the arrows to hit higher than an normal nock. This year I tried the nocturnal lighted nock and these are only about 7 gr heavier than the regular nock as opposed to 20 gr heavier for the others. I've seen no significant change in point of impact out to 40 yds with these nocks.
Old 09-16-2012, 09:55 PM
Fork Horn

Nocturnals seem to be the most popular and reliable these days.

If you can afford them, Firenocks are very reliable too.
Old 09-29-2012, 07:09 PM
Spike

Bowhunting magazine had a great write up on lighted nocks a couple months ago , check it out
Old 10-03-2012, 10:40 PM
Spike

TGB Tail-Lite Nocks www.tgbarchery.com they are inexpensive and work similar to nocturnal
Old 10-04-2012, 09:33 AM
Spike

I just got a 3pk of Nockturnals in the mail this morning.After reading about the high dud rate of Lumenocks, Tracers ect. I was leery of defective ones, I had to take them out and test them.......all 3 lit up.
We'll see how they do when shooting.
Old 11-06-2012, 06:09 AM
Spike

I am testing the Fire Nock S3 starter package right now. I got them back in the first week of October and they have worked great. They are a little pricey to start out about 60 Bucks, but you can replace the batteries in them and they are extremely easy to use. The batteries are about 10 to 15 bucks for 3 depending on where you pick them up. They activate when you shot and to turn them off you just hold them above a solid surface and drop them on the nock and it turns them off. I have the orange/red and they are really bright and easy to pick up after shooting. I would recommend them.
Old 11-19-2012, 05:22 AM
Fork Horn

Plus 1 for lumanock, been shooting them for 2 years, only had 1 fail me so far and that was after a few hundred shots. Pulled 2 out of the closet after last season and they still lit up this season. The POI was only a bit off for me over the standard nocks that came with my arrows (Easton Axis 340) the best story i have is i spined a doe and had to do 2 more follow up shots. Had i not been using lighted nocks i would have probably lost 2/3 arrows since it got dark. I could see 3 glowing areas under the leaves in the timber and it lead me right to all 3 arrows, I was a believer after that. Losing $40 broad-heads, and Axis Carbon arrows really adds up! The nocks paid for them selves on that one hunt. In other words buy this insurance!