Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
Help needed on a rather cheap bow. >

Help needed on a rather cheap bow.

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Help needed on a rather cheap bow.

Old 11-13-2012, 07:08 PM
Spike

Default Help needed on a rather cheap bow.

First all let me start off by saying Hi All!
Now down to business. I stopped hunting and sold my bow about three years ago (Hoyt Vectrix) and have had the itch lately to get back into it. The problem is I, like most people, have a lack of funds and the bow game has changed so much it seems. I'm here with my $500 - $600 price range asking for the vets help. The most information I can give you is that I'm a 29 inch draw length and I pull 50 - 60. I really would love any and all help and appreciate the time you take to read and respond to this.

Thank you all.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

bass pro shop kronic...ready to go bow..shoots 300fps+ i just posted this a sec ago as well. http://reviews.basspro.com/2010/1014...ws/reviews.htm

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowh...ed-please.html
Old 11-14-2012, 04:11 AM
Fork Horn

i would say pse stinger 3G. you can get whatever you want though.
Old 11-14-2012, 04:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Have hunted for years ...

and many of a company sells hunting products that are entry or intermediate in price level. I wouldn't have hunted if I didn't use lower tier products at times. Lower tier many times does not mean inadequate. Many times they are merely not the latest and the greatest, but more than adequate to harvest deer.

I stay in my price range I currently need. If a company only offers high end products, while nice, stay away from them.
Find the companies that offer an adequate bow in your price range. PSE and Bear have moderately priced bows. Besides, many of us are not going to be full time archers or make it a full time hobby.

Good luck in your choice.

Last edited by Valentine; 11-14-2012 at 04:43 AM.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:09 AM
Spike

Thanks everyone for your time and replies. I was looking at Bear, Mission by Matthews and PSE due to there lower priced bows. I just don't want to get an inadequate bow. It's been a while since i've been in the game and a lot has changed.
Old 11-26-2012, 02:07 AM
Spike

Check out the new Hoyt Charger!

NC
Old 12-01-2012, 03:40 PM
Fork Horn

Check out Diamond Outlaw or just any diamond. Diamond is made by Bowtech. They come as a package deal with Fiber optic sights, stabilizer and quiver. I have a Diamond outlaw and love it. You can get one for $500-$600.
Old 12-02-2012, 05:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bear offers many options in your price range. You can get a fully set up legion for under $500, that gives you money left over for arrows or anything else.
Old 12-03-2012, 02:44 AM
Fork Horn

I would also check out the mission ballistic, I shot it and it is a very nice bow. Also like previously mentioned I hear the hoyt charger is also a great bow. Both these bows are in the $500 range. Scoot