Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

low light sights

Old 09-10-2003, 11:22 AM
Spike

Default low light sights

I got a shot at a buck on day two of our hunting season. The problem was it was in the deep woods and it was real dark. I could not see my sight post. What are some people using so they can see their post in very low light conditions. If the buck had been 5 minutes sooner he would have been supper. I have seen a pendulum type sight with an led and a radioactive sight that glows yellow. Any advice would be great.
Old 09-10-2003, 11:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: low light sights

have a look at the Impact Archery cosmo sight.
It even glows under moon light.
Old 09-10-2003, 11:39 AM

Ditto! Just ordered a Cosmic off of e-bay. STUPID BRIGHT!!!
Old 09-10-2003, 11:50 AM
Typical Buck

Anything made by Impact Archery is " stupid bright" . I had the Cosmic and took it off to get the Jumbo+. Same brightness but allows easier mount of your quiver and better access to your sight adjustments. The Solo+ has the same size pin guard as the Cosmic.

The optional bluelight is overkill. I have not used mine yet, even shooting in the near total darkness of " techno" shooting.

All of their products are fantastic.
Old 09-10-2003, 11:54 AM

I have the omega XL and the smaller one. Both are adjustable w/a thumb lever. Very bright.
Old 09-10-2003, 12:10 PM
Typical Buck

Here is the link for their pendulum style sight.
http://www.impactarchery.com/treetop.htm
Old 09-10-2003, 02:58 PM

I' ve tried a lot of sights,so I would strongly reccomend the HHA 5000 Optimizer for a very bright,single pin adjustable sight.You can get a light for it,but you won' t need it...Bob
Old 09-10-2003, 08:51 PM

look into vital gear bowsites i think thats the web page to maybe vital gear archery im not sure i have nothing against impact but the vital gear sites seem a little stronger and they r just as bright if not briter they have movealbe one pins and fixed tell kevin polish clay from asa sent ya and he will hook u up nicely and they stand behind there product they also make arrow rest and have there own line of arrows out now deff worth looking at just my 2 cents clay
Old 09-14-2003, 06:25 AM

For low light, nothing beats the Copper John Dead Nuts Pro w/ additional light. I think the light comes from PSE, it is a small blue LED pin light that attaches to the top of the sight. It will not shine bright enough to spook your animal. This sight w/ light will give you those last few precious minutes of shooting time. I have not seen anything that comes close....
Old 09-14-2003, 09:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

Here is a great site with tritium pin http://www.savagearchery.com/

Quick Reply: low light sights

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.