Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

stablizers

Old 09-01-2003, 05:17 PM

Default stablizers

I was needing to know wich stablizer to get that will make my bow as quiet as posble and needs to be good for hunting, you know not all extalong and bolky. This is my first post on this bord and want to say helo.
Old 09-01-2003, 05:59 PM

Default RE: stablizers

It' s hard to say without knowing what you will be shooting as far as bow, sights, etc. All I can do is tell you a few very good models then you need to shoot them all & try them out.

Right now I like 4 stabilizers. The first one is a great all around stabilizer for hunting bows like the Mathews Legacy, LX, Q2, Bowtech Extreme VFT, Patriot, Parker UL31, etc. it is the Trophy Ridge Xchanger or if you want a little less weight the Xchanger Hunter is another great solution. The Exchanger is my current hunting stabilizer base d on adjustability, weight, and durability.

The next stablizer that is very good is the Sims Stbilizer using the Limbsaver material. This is a great all around model and works very very well.

I also like the VCS by Straight Shot Archery, this model does avery good job of taming vibration.

Another model that has a very loyal following is the Stealth Stabilizers.

Good Luck on your search! I hope you find a model that fits you & your bow!

Old 09-02-2003, 04:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

The tranquilizer is what i use and i am very happy with it. Any thing with simms technology will do great. NAP also makes a good one to called the shock blocker. Like mentioned above the trophy ridges are nice as well as the doinker stabilizers.
Old 09-02-2003, 07:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

My favorite by far is the Stealth Archery line of stabilizers........I use the " Hunter" models on my hunting bow and also use a 12" 3D model for my Hunter Class 3D shooting.
Terrific stabilizers and after testing a bunch of them, they are the best I' ve found at removing noise, handshock and recoil.
You can check them out at www.stealtharchery.com
Old 09-03-2003, 08:50 AM

Default Stealth

Another vote for the Stealth... the 6" /8" models are the ones I' m using.
Old 09-05-2003, 11:37 AM

right on Matt/PA I use the same thing and really like it....
Old 09-08-2003, 04:30 PM
Fork Horn

If you dont have a local dealer that carries Stealth stabilizers you can order them online from Cabelas or www.stealtharchery.com

Jerry
Old 09-08-2003, 06:15 PM

Welcome!

I' ll throw in a vote for the Trophy Ridge X-changer. It' s a great stabilizer with Sims
Technology...also fits in my bowcase without removal.....[:-]

>>>---DAVIDP---SILERCITY,NC--->
Old 09-09-2003, 05:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

The new donkiers with the carbon rods are the best I have tryed . If they ballence with the bow you have you should try them but they are costly .
Old 09-09-2003, 06:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

There are a lot of good stabilizers out there. Most of my picks have been mentioned: Stealth, Sims, GK Tranquilizer, Doinker carbon rod, etc.

I’ve tried all those as well as many, many, others, and bar-none nothing equals a SorboTek for noise, vibe and recoil reduction on every bow I’ve put them on. The original company that makes them is out of business, however Straight Shot Archery bought up all of the SorboTek stock and renamed them the ProTek or something like that.

I’d been hoarding the Sorboteks as best I could as they were about extinct, but I recently got two more of the Straight Shot labled models. I’m as happy as a pig in poop! I ‘d urge everyone to try to find one. It’s worth the search.

Quick Reply: stablizers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.