Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Summit Tree stands

Old 01-10-2012, 06:35 PM
Spike

I have the viper ss great stand but I am gonna use BGfishers idea and fill the tubing up with great stuff foam. I think Summit is doing that at the factory now. They call it dead metal technology.
Old 02-10-2012, 09:34 AM
Spike

Default Stand

I have the viper SS and love it. I am 6'3", 215 lbs andclimb to about 30'. I stay comforttable. I do hate the way the heat shrink wears off the cables so fast. My other stand is a tree lounge and cannot be beat for all day comfort, but, it is much heavier and noisy to put on the tree. Plus they are out of business now.
Old 02-24-2012, 09:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

Among the many climbers,I've got the Viper SS and love it. The only noise it makes is caused by a clip that I added and since quieted. I also have an open shot. Love them both and are more comfortable than my others.
I highly recomend Summitt products including their accessoiries

And will take BG's tip to fill with foam for the heck of it..

Last edited by jerseyhunter; 02-24-2012 at 09:24 AM.
Old 03-03-2012, 08:12 AM
Typical Buck

Add another vote for the Lone Wolf climbers. I have owned several climbing stands over the years and the lone wolf I currently use is by far the best one. I think it is the assault hand climber. Light, quiet, sturdy and easy to use.
Old 03-03-2012, 03:44 PM
Dominant Buck

I have two Backpackers..fold up version of the Viper...Quiet..but I'm starting to see some wear in the rectangular box that holds the cable..I also have to put new tubing on the cables every year..I love the stand,I 'm afraid of heights and feel very safe in the stand,,Many days I've sat all day..very comfortable,..I 've also worn out the thumbscrews for the brace..you can buy news ones from Summit for 22.00 or Lowes for 4.00
've had mine since 2005..and I believe it will go another 5 years easy..I hunt out of it about 20 times a year.
I
Old 03-05-2012, 04:20 AM
Spike

Summit all the way, most comfortable stand that I have sat in.